S Video question

Status
Not open for further replies.
nVdia said:
Hey thanks, and what do you meen less noisy??

More commonly called "luminance signal-to-noise ratio." This is a measure of how pure the video signal is (the monochrome or black-and-white portion of the picture). Tapes with good luminance signal-to-noise ratios have sharper, clearer images.

S-Video has 4 little cables that transfere the data from one device to another while the Composite (yellow/white/red) cable has one wire in it that transmits all the data. The four cables are able to transfer more data at a time compared to the single one so yea, better picture on a decent TV that isn't rather old....

if you have the connection, use component video.

It costs alot for the cable (S video costs $10-15 a cable, component costs $30 for the cable), but all three colors are seperated, instead of compressed into one cable.

because it breaks the picture down more.

component is better than svideo but its meant for hdtv. i use my svideo input to watch normal definition tv or play video games and i switch to component when i watch hdtv or watch a dvd. ive switched btwn the 2 and normal definition looks worse with component than svideo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom