A really old computer (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
A while back my mom found a computer that she and my dad built for my grandparents around 1988. The only thing I know about it is it's probably an 8088, it has 2 floppy drives (actual floppy disks) and runs dos 3.0 and I can use a genius mouse with genius paint! Oh yeah I think it can play crysis :p

Here are the pics

oldputer1.jpg

oldputer2.jpg

oldputer3.jpg

oldputer4.jpg

oldputer5.jpg

oldputer6.jpg

oldputer7.jpg

oldputer8.jpg
<--- I think I found somone who makes longer cards the Nvidia

I uploaded a video of it to youtube if you want to see that here is the link: YouTube - Top of the line computer

You should get around 40fps on crysis with that setup.

I love old computers. I wish I still had my first computer which was an atari 600. It was so sweet when we bought the floppy drive attachment.

That looks like an old matrox isa interface vga display card.

clean looking for the age of the system.

That's because it's been sitting in my grandparents house for about 20 years, it has about 2 hours of use on it and it still runs :)

You can't connect it to a regular VGA montior because it only has 10 pins I think but we still have the old monitor so I can still use my genius mouse and paint in genius paint if I feel like painting with a program that takes about 1 min to fill a square block.

Those giant old ISA modems are the best. I'm gonna hang one on my wall.

Though the sound cards are cool too, lol.

That's because it's been sitting in my grandparents house for about 20 years, it has about 2 hours of use on it and it still runs :)

You can't connect it to a regular VGA montior because it only has 10 pins I think but we still have the old monitor so I can still use my genius mouse and paint in genius paint if I feel like painting with a program that takes about 1 min to fill a square block.

Thats crazy....it looks new and even has black drives.

I bet a collector would pay lots of cash for that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom