preparing insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
My first computer was a Comodore64, i wouldnt complain if i was you.

I wouldnt complain because I am in the market looking for one of these.

You DO NOT want to know why.

well, if you want to be TECHNICAL...then so was mine. I loved that thing...we had this 'lemonade' game I spent hours playing. A fuse blew on it, and we couldn't find a replacement. We also had a old Atari...I love the classics. Grew up on them....practically lived off of the Nintendo, but it was such a pain trying to get a game to work...

::blow::
::huff and puff::
::insert game::
::reset::
::Adjust game::
::remove game::
::huff and puff::

etc...very tedious.

I eventually moved up to a super nintendo....

If I found one in good condition then I'd buy one......I love those things. Countless hours of mario on that thing aswell.

My first desktop was an IBM PS/2 that was given to me by my grandparents. That was the closest thing to a handout my family's ever given me. It wasn't when it was new, either, I think I got it in 2001. I am now an expert at DOS ;)
That said I bought my current pc (before upgrades) when I was 14.5 after babysitting, shovelling, and mowing lawns nonstop. I've also been working since I was 15 and getting paychecks. There are almost always jobs to be had. It might not be the job you want, it might even be one you hate, but it's a job and you earn money, you might as well get it. I'd fall over dead from surprise if my mom or dad offered to give me *any* money for my pc.

Lets start a 'How young were you when you got your first job?" thread. Since this is a spam thread to begin with...just about anything goes...I suppose.

I first started working mowing a certian huge lawn for $6/hour. Saved up quite a bit from that job, and bought my dirtbike with that money.

I was 6 when i recived the Comodore and i was playing Battletech on it and a game called Elite. My sister always had the NES and SNES and eventualy i grew into that as well. I favored things she didnt like Zelda, Rock and roll racing, Mystic Quest (Final Fantasy3) and some others. Then we got a N64 and PLaystaion. Cnat remember what came first though.

with VIC 20.
:p

actually i meant that i find it hard to believe that you can play most (let's define "most" first, shall we;)) modern games with a cpu that's less than 1 Ghz, unless you enjoy slide shows. about a year ago i was struggling with my K7-750@787 and 512Mg pc-133. have you been playing hl2, doom3, farcry...?

I already defined 'most'. SWG, AA, KotOR, Republic Commando, Pacific Fighters, etc. I haven't tried Farcry yet as I'm pretty confident it could run it but only at 5-10fps. The graphics card that I have works wonders...I bought it in January off of ebay for a good deal, and it hasn't dissapointed me yet..except for the fact that the cooling fan on it was shot...so, I ended up buying a new GPU heatsink and fan....which then aloud me to OC it without the slightest of worries. I need more hd space though....getting low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom