Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'd like to have a dog but that has never worked out.

We got a kitten and the next week the MiL went about bought frigging goldfish and was constantly freaking out that the cat was going to get her fish. Then my wife compounded the situation by getting a puppy that was not housebroken. So the puppy was given away and the cat soon followed. The damn goldfish are still alive and swimming, though.
You would not like to hear what I have to say to that situation :lol:

Yesterday took in a dog. Saved her from going to a kill shelter and I'm glad I did since she's a total sweetheart.

Pics?

So far I've spent 50% of the time this weekend on the beach
nVeI6OB.jpg

Last edited:
I love dogs like golden retrievers. But I don't think I could ever own one, just don't think I could deal with the dog hair, and them ****ting and pissing everywhere. If my dog got ill and puked all over the floor I don't think i could deal with that lol :p

It sucks because the idea of getting a Newfoundland puppy or something is awesome, then I remember the cleanliness and smell issue :(

Keep your dog outside then? :p

Today (or rather last night) was spent trying to smooth things out at home between the younger bro and the folks, he's finding the transition from "school kid teen" to "get a job 18yo" rather shocking :p

We get government payouts if you're jobless here, for him it works out to about $240 a fortnight. He was a little pissed that he had to give all the money to his dad :grin: so we worked out a rough budget and turns out he's probably still $10-15 short a fortnight after paying that $240 all things considered.

Hopefully that struck a little bit of reality home for him and stops him being such a whiny princess, but we shall see. Doesn't help that neither him nor my dad are good communicators, so constant sparks flying -_- reminds me of when I moved out of home :grin: ahh memories...
Ended up taking him out for a ~7km ride to the beach that night to calm down, chilled there with a couple pizzas then rode back home.

In other news, trying to convince my family to get their own puppy :D probably gonna go for a smaller breed like a staffy or pitbull.

Last edited:

Today (or rather last night) was spent trying to smooth things out at home between the younger bro and the folks, he's finding the transition from "school kid teen" to "get a job 18yo" rather shocking :p

We get government payouts if you're jobless here, for him it works out to about $240 a fortnight. He was a little pissed that he had to give all the money to his dad :grin: so we worked out a rough budget and turns out he's probably still $10-15 short a fortnight after paying that $240 all things considered.

Hopefully that struck a little bit of reality home for him and stops him being such a whiny princess, but we shall see. Doesn't help that neither him nor my dad are good communicators, so constant sparks flying -_- reminds me of when I moved out of home :grin: ahh memories...
Ended up taking him out for a ~7km ride to the beach that night to calm down, chilled there with a couple pizzas then rode back home.

In other news, trying to convince my family to get their own puppy :D probably gonna go for a smaller breed like a staffy or pitbull.

We get the same hear in the U.K Government handouts if your unemployed. The average income on sickness and disability is approx £240 per fortnight but for the unemployed and the people of working age you only get £300 too £320 pcm.

The Conservative Government hammered people on the sick and they hammered the people of working age when it comes to their finances and forced over 50% of people back in to work. Even @ an extra £20 per month being £320 that works out @ approx $390 .

And the UK is still in Multi Billions in debt.

Well I bet £5 on Leicester City beating Liverpool FC 3 - 1 at odds of 40:1, and that's exactly what they did. Leicester won 3 - 1 :D

Needless to say I had a bit of a celebration when the final whistle blew. Not to mention I was elated at how well Leics played :D

edit:

And in other news, just had this helpdesk request logged. Lurn 2 inglish mutch.

Hi

XXX is not able to log on and information being asked for system is stating not able to accept on system.

Could new login details be sent to e-mail address in system please for the login

Last edited:

I personally don't believe in keeping an outside dog. There are only certain circumstances where I think it's ok.

Back
Top Bottom