Potentially the longest thread in history...

Ha! well atleast it is something... IT is only one of two departments in the company that don't have any kind of bonus schemes. Even customer service agents get a bonus and we don't.

I am so damn ****ed off, we built an entire IT system from scratch and worked countless weekends of unpaid overtime to get this company up and running and they give nothing in return, not even any verbal acknowledgement.
Stop putting in as much effort then.

Lol I was thinking of this as well.

lol
It's funny how no one in my IT dept has no idea what IT Crowd is...
well there's one guy but that's it
We have like 18 people, makes no sense

2 weeks till the holidays start! Crap, just realised I better get the rest of my christmas presents sorted :p

Got a $50 gift voucher to one of my favourite eateries after I had a bit of a whinge on their feedback page :grin: to be fair the food *was* sub par that day. Pretty stoked with their response tho! Free lunch tomorrow hehe, good way to finish off the week.

****ing Football players man. A guy playing for Arsenal called Mesut Ozil is paid $230k a week, but apparently he thinks he's being heavily lowballed and is demanding $490k a week. WTF. If I was earning 230k a week the very last concern i'd have is "can I earn more ?". Okay you lose about 40% of that to tax. Even a take home pay of $140k, jeeze.. honestly if that were me, on a typical week I can't imagine spending more than $3k. I'd buy a decent house maybe $1m worth (doesn't get you half of what it does in murica btw), 2 or 3 cars. But then my weekly expenses outside of property and car upkeep really would not be that outrageous. My hobbies are tech and food. $2k or $3k a week gets me all the tech and good food I am interested in and then some. Probably just 4 or 5 times a year i'd spend more than that when new Titan X's come out and I order 4 of them etc.

Court went swimmingly today. Didn't end up in the witness box because they agreed my evidence without question. While that is a good result as I am NOT ready for cross-examination, I did kinda want to be able to put "witness box experience" on my CV.

Got like four interesting-looking jobs to apply for this weekend. Chances are I'll hear back from one of them and then not get it, but one can hope :)

Today's been a pretty good friday I gotta say. Took 1.5 hours off in lieu to start with, so got a lazy start to the day :p got some shopping done before hitting work, then spent most of the day just cleaning up the office in preparation for the holidays. Top it off with free ribs for lunch and early friday drinks in the office, not too shabby at all!

Now I'm just hoping I can pickup my skateboard tonight off a guy on gumtree (craigslist).
And we're officially at 10 more working days till the holidays kick in XD yessssssss

Just had the best kick in the teeth ever. Just found out he ex is pregnant with her current bf. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't still have feelings for her.

You know when you bump in too someone and think how awkward or what man. Cant help but think what mite of been.

Am gonna die old, lonely, and in bad health.

^Get a dog, works for me :p and also, do something about your bad health cause it ain't gonna change itself. Getting fit is something you certainly do have 100% control over

Today I am covered in bruises and my legs are so sore that I could barely make it in to work today :grin: skateboarding is pretty painful to start out with, but so worth it! Nearly ready to start trying to land the infamous kickflip

I feel a little bad though, was playing a game of skate with my younger bro and tried a trick that I knew was gonna be a bad idea to attempt this close to the holidays. He ended up stacking it and may or may not have broken his 2nd wrist (his other wrist is still in a plaster from breaking it a few weeks back). On the plus side I won the game :grin:

Back
Top Bottom