Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Apparently you wern't paying attention, because they said it's the "thinnest and lightest phone we've ever made".

I'm assuming thats the only thing you could say against the phone because you've realised it's pretty awesome :grin:

Nope I could say more, the screen is still to small and way to narrow, the bezel is still enormous, the cpu is already blown out of the water by Krait Pro, no NFC.

Nope I could say more, the screen is still to small and way to narrow, the bezel is still enormous, the cpu is already blown out of the water by Krait Pro, no NFC.

Wait, what, bezel is too big ? And the Galaxy SIII's isnt' ?

Love how you figured that the Krait Pro is so much better with no benchmarks what so ever. But yes, it's probably quicker. I'd hold off on the adjectives until we've seen benchmarks, though.

Please tell me more about how much you use NFC. I'd love to know. Because as cool as it potentially is, i'm not sure of anywhere I would use it.

The S3 is also plasticy, thicker, heavier, worse screen, worse pixel density, worse camera, worse build quality. I know you like to forget those details though.

Last edited:

Wait, what, bezel is too big ? And the Galaxy SIII's isnt' ?

Love how you figured that the Krait Pro is so much better with no benchmarks what so ever. But yes, it's probably quicker. I'd hold off on the adjectives until we've seen benchmarks, though.

Please tell me more about how much you use NFC. I'd love to know. Because as cool as it potentially is, i'm not sure of anywhere I would use it.

The S3 is also plasticy, thicker, heavier, worse screen, worse pixel density, worse camera, worse build quality. I know you like to forget those details though.

The S3 has a much smaller bezel compared to the 5.

They said A6 has double the cpu performance of A5 which was a 800mhz A9 dual core, a quad core 1.5ghz S4 Pro is well over 2x as fast as that.

The S3 is heavier but that's not exactly shocking seeing as it's a 4.8" device not a 4". I'd also say Samsung has better build quality than Apple, everyone I know with an iPhone 4 has had to have it replaced or is dealing with some defects at this point while every SGS owner I know hasn't had any issues like that.

They have just started rolling out NFC to vending machines around here so you could easily pay with your phone instead of having to dig out a card or cash.

The S3's screen has better black levels, contrast, response time, and color gamut compared to the 5. That said I'm not getting a S3 I'm going for the Note 2.

The only reason the iPhone 5 has higher PPI is because it has a slightly higher res on a smaller screen. They both have an 8MP camera and shoot 1080p video, so your spouting that out of your ass. Worse build quality? I have seen more broken iPhones than Galaxy phones. Nobody has been able to even test the iPhone 5's build quality, so your spouting that out of your ass too. I know you like to forget those details too.

The only reason the iPhone 5 has higher PPI is because it has a slightly higher res on a smaller screen. They both have an 8MP camera and shoot 1080p video, so your spouting that out of your ass. Worse build quality? I have seen more broken iPhones than Galaxy phones. Nobody has been able to even test the iPhone 5's build quality, so your spouting that out of your ass too. I know you like to forget those details too.

If you think that is all there is to a camera then you need to go do some research.
The iPhone 5 is built of grade 6000 solid aluminium and gorilla glass 2. Good materials. Better than plastic. There is a whole page and video on how to iPhone is built so i'm not spouting anything out my ass. By better build quality I mean better materials really.

The S3 has a much smaller bezel compared to the 5.

They said A6 has double the cpu performance of A5 which was a 800mhz A9 dual core, a quad core 1.5ghz S4 Pro is well over 2x as fast as that.

The S3 is heavier but that's not exactly shocking seeing as it's a 4.8" device not a 4". I'd also say Samsung has better build quality than Apple, everyone I know with an iPhone 4 has had to have it replaced or is dealing with some defects at this point while every SGS owner I know hasn't had any issues like that.

They have just started rolling out NFC to vending machines around here so you could easily pay with your phone instead of having to dig out a card or cash.

The S3's screen has better black levels, contrast, response time, and color gamut compared to the 5. That said I'm not getting a S3 I'm going for the Note 2.

Better color gamut ? LOL. Whatever. Its crazy over saturated and has too many colors. There is no need to explain it to me I had a PSV and it was horrible, like neon. Its seriously bad for photos.

I've only had one iPhone replaced and that was water damage.

Never seen an NFC vending machine my life.

Last edited:

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how the bezel is too big, but whatever. I'm tired of being viewed as some sort of hipster douchebag just because I like an operating system or a phone. Sorry I like simple jailbreaks that don't brick a phone, or not needing a bunch of ROMs and mods to make a phone better. Weird that I like a one-stop shop for everything relating to jailbroken tweaks, mods, themes, apps, etc. Man I'm crazy and strange.

I've used Android devices. They have their uses, and their own strengths. But so does the iPhone. Would be nice to see a subjective point of view instead of a lynch-fest.

You sure do fall for marketing don't you?

I used to own DSLR's, took photography in school, and can still work with and develop film. I know a thing or two about cameras. The thing of it is, you can only stuff so much tech into a point and shoot. In the end, it's still a point and shoot and the quality is still the same. It'll look pretty on that small little screen but as soon as you blow it up to actual size it's all still pixelated as hell.

IIRC previous iterations of the iPhone have used Gorilla glass in the past, yet I still saw more broken screens on an iPhone than any Galaxy phone.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how the bezel is too big, but whatever. I'm tired of being viewed as some sort of hipster douchebag just because I like an operating system or a phone. Sorry I like simple jailbreaks that don't brick a phone, or not needing a bunch of ROMs and mods to make a phone better. Weird that I like a one-stop shop for everything relating to jailbroken tweaks, mods, themes, apps, etc. Man I'm crazy and strange.

I've used Android devices. They have their uses, and their own strengths. But so does the iPhone. Would be nice to see a subjective point of view instead of a lynch-fest.
I just like messing with him while he defends his mighty Apple. :MeGusta:

Then you really must go back to school. Photo quality of point and shoots are wildly different.. the photo quality between camera phones are wildy different. I can't beleive what you are saying if you were so into photography.

Yes, they are still comparitively crap compared to proper cameras. I know that. But theres crap and then theres really crap. Phone cameras are getting less crap all the time. To label all 8MP camera phones the same is just plain wrong.

I just like messing with him while he defends his mighty Apple. :MeGusta:

No more than you defend Samsung/Google.. infact, i've often complimented the Galaxy series of smartphones and even want the Note 2.

edit:

Fullsize, unedited pic from the IP5.

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/gallery/includes/fullphoto1.html

You telling me every 8MP smartphone produces pictures like that ?

Last edited:

Then you really must go back to school. Photo quality of point and shoots are wildly different.. the photo quality between camera phones are wildy different. I can't beleive what you are saying if you were so into photography.

Yes, they are still comparitively crap compared to proper cameras. I know that. But theres crap and then theres really crap. Phone cameras are getting less crap all the time. To label all 8MP camera phones the same is just plain wrong.

No more than you defend Samsung/Google.. infact, i've often complimented the Galaxy series of smartphones and even want the Note 2.
I don't have to defend Samsung, their sales prove enough. Apple is obviously going down hill with all their suing. It's total proof lol.

Sure the photo quality is different (as is from every different camera) but you continue to miss the point. It's all the same. Phone cameras are the equivalent of point and shoot and it doesn't matter how much **** tech is stuffed in to them you can't expect a decent pic. They all look like ****. When they make a phone camera with software that can control the focus, aperture, and get rid of all those stupid filters for little hipsters then my stance might change.
I don't have to go back to school to remember what I'm taught, and I don't need school to have an opinion on cameras that is shared by pros all around. Point and shoot is ****, period. Phone cameras are point and shoot, period.

Edit: Response to your edit, my GS2 which is aging can produce a pic like that. It still looks like **** and is grainy as hell when blown up.

Back
Top Bottom