Potentially the longest thread in history...

On the topic of hard drives actually, I went to CEX today here in Coventry, they have 2TB Caviar greens for £65 and 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3s for £48 (these are second-hand but they're good brands). There were 500GB ones for ~£30 as well but I didn't really look at them.
They even had a 1TB 2.5" for £75

I'm thinking of selling an 8600GT and 550W PSU I have lying around and picking up one of the 2TB ones.

On the topic of hard drives actually, I went to CEX today here in Coventry, they have 2TB Caviar greens for £65 and 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3s for £48 (these are second-hand but they're good brands). There were 500GB ones for ~£30 as well but I didn't really look at them.
They even had a 1TB 2.5" for £75

Not bad, i was in CEX the other day actually, my local one in bromley doesnt really have a great selection of PC games or hardware, and im definitely not getting it off the website.

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?page=1&catid=886

The one here in Coventry is awesome, it has a whole case of RAM (desktop+laptop) as tall as me and as wide as one of my arms

Yeah well......mine has a Radeon 6670. there is another small pc shop which i only realised was there the other day, I may go in over the next few days and check it out.

Re: Today I have...

Banging my head trying to figure out how to fix (ironically) a networking service problem with Windows 7 on a client's laptop. Computer Browser, DHCP, and the other associating services wont start most likely due to AVG taking out the .sys files from a virus. Had I known they ran a scan, detected, and deleted those files I wouldn't have uninstalled AVG. Now I'm probably forced to do a format unless somebody knows a way around this.

Can't you grab the files from somewhere else and replace the missing ones ?

repair????
Can't repair, I only have 7 Ultimate and he has Home Premium.

Did you delete the virus vault?
Yup. Apparently TDX and a few others were in there.

Can't you grab the files from somewhere else and replace the missing ones ?
I don't know exactly which files I need, and it was a ***** with permissions just to get tdx.sys back in the drivers folder. I'm just doing a fresh install without a format.

You should check the NCIX thread about drives. Read the last link I posted. Seagate and WD are banking off this supposed flood crap so prices wont be going down any time soon.

Just burn a Home Premium disc, then (or a universal one)

Agreed that a format is a lot easier, though.
I don't have my burner plugged up and I don't have any blank discs at all. I just installed over the previous install and told him old install is in Windows.old if you ever need anything.

Back
Top Bottom