Potentially the longest thread in history...

Pretty much. The ONLY reason I want a newer setup is because of multiple HDMI in, and one out going to a projector. If it wasn't for that I would stick with a nice tube stereo amp.

I know I'm late to the party here (real late) but I pretty much love the Wii.

I've been a DJ for 5 years. I know that an old receiver would sound better, but I want one with HDMI. He has one of my old receivers, a Technics SA-GX390 right now, and a few big old speakers. I want to take all that and put it in the basement, and give him something with modern inputs/outputs, that's also smaller.

Wow I never knew you were a DJ. Kinda sucks that they compromise sound quality, I wish I could go back to audio 20 years ago sometimes.

Pretty much. The ONLY reason I want a newer setup is because of multiple HDMI in, and one out going to a projector. If it wasn't for that I would stick with a nice tube stereo amp.

I know I'm late to the party here (real late) but I pretty much love the Wii.

Why ?

Re: Today I have...

If exchanging it won't resolve the issue I'll probably just return it and pick up a $140 Samsung TN panel then. I can live with inferior color accuracy if it gets me better black levels and a $100 lower price. The black levels on the average TN panel are bad enough I never even considered that IPS could be even worse. One side of the screen is fine though but the other loses all detail on dark images, it kind of looks like the screen is washed out due to glare but it's still present in a completely dark room. Surely every one of these displays couldn't have such a serious flaw?

Now I'm wondering if I should still go ahead with exchanging it or just eat the restocking fee to be done with it.

If it's thats serious, it probably is defective. It shouldn't be so obvious that whatever your doing its really easy to notice, it should just be so that when you think about it, you can see a difference. If that makes sense ?

I think you seeing all these OLED screens on phones has spoiled your perception of good black levels :p But I am quite like you by the sounds of it, I value white whites and black blacks over everything else. And of the two, prefer better blacks. The only time I am particularly concerned about color reproduction which would necessitate the want/need for a matte IPS display is when I look at video and photo, which is rare. Glossy IPS displays are just sexy though, like on most tablets. The blacks usually look much inkier than on professional monitors with matte displays.

I've been a DJ for 5 years. I know that an old receiver would sound better, but I want one with HDMI. He has one of my old receivers, a Technics SA-GX390 right now, and a few big old speakers. I want to take all that and put it in the basement, and give him something with modern inputs/outputs, that's also smaller.
Oooo what do you use to DJ with?

Wow I never knew you were a DJ. Kinda sucks that they compromise sound quality, I wish I could go back to audio 20 years ago sometimes.

Why ?
I already went back in time with audio lol.

20120207_155029.jpg

Because I'm playing New Super Mario and this is the most fun I've had playing a game in a while.

Since we're on the topic of audio stuff, I got my old drums back.

20120209_220257.jpg

Oh, Mario, Nintendos only redeeming feature as far as i'm concerned.

I bought a 3DS a while back to see what all the hype was about with nintendo systems, suffice too say it was as boring as it looked. Even Zelda was a snoozefest.

For what the wii gives you, it should be about £50.

Oh, Mario, Nintendos only redeeming feature as far as i'm concerned.

I bought a 3DS a while back to see what all the hype was about with nintendo systems, suffice too say it was as boring as it looked. Even Zelda was a snoozefest.

For what the wii gives you, it should be about £50.
We have Skyward Sword too. I haven't been able to even get on our Wii yet until today and it wasn't very long before my phone started blowing up and I had to quit. Just usually when I get on my 360 I don't have very much fun. Playing Mario was fun though....idk how to really explain it.

Oooo what do you use to DJ with?

Current setup:
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Allen and Heath Xone 4D
Sig Rig/Asus G74SX-NH71
Traktor Scratch Pro 2
2x JBL JRX115
2x JBL Eon 518S Subs
American DJ VLP1500
American DJ VLP2500
And other things that I can't remember the models of. I've only used those subs once, I have other JBL 18"s that I use, just can't remember the model off hand. The latter of the two Amps has yet to be used as well. I got the mixer as a combo deal with Traktor, so I just took it. Of course there's also lights, cable, mics, racks, etc. Do you have a rig?

Heres my DJ setup.

AlfeIkjCMAEP3ND.jpg

troll_face_by_jamesco2-d4g5r4y.jpg

Seriously though, I would like all that DJ equipment, not because I can DJ or even assume I would be anything like good at it, I'd just be very interested in the audio part of it.

Back
Top Bottom