Planatary Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Happy Bday b1gapl - where ever you might be...

Well, I guess we will never know if the moon landing was a fake or if pluto is really a planet until b1gapl gets back........Oh well!

Ok, time for a new direction...how do we really know what is what?

Do you guys think we ever really did get to the moon??

Do you believe all the stuff you hear and everything NASA says??

Well we do know that the planet is made up of 70% water. We do know that the human body is mainly water. there are plenty of things we do know. ;)

I cant say if we got to the moon or not. I wasnt alive then and we have not been there since i was alive or i didnt see it.

I dont believe everything NASA says. But when a whole group of people, liek astonomers, say that something is or isnt i tend to agree cause they are teh experts. It would be like someone trying to say Folding doesnt do anything but waste CPU and GPU cycles to you.;)

This thread will be split before b1g sees it. Just need to get the Mod privs back the way they were...:(

honestly i think its a bit childish that you are all arguing over this. If it's a big enough deal to have almost a page of posts, take it somewhere else, either pm or msn but this isn't the place to be perfectly honest. mak and saxon, I'm a bit disapointed in both of you for letting this go on, when you both have done a good job of killing posts that take an actual thread off topic like this one has. clean up the thread, take the argument somewhere else, and lets keep this on the topic of b1gapl's birthday. K?

NASA never landed on the moon it was done in Arizona ! (adding bollocks to the thread)

BTW

HAPPY BIRTHDAY b1g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (again)

honestly i think its a bit childish that you are all arguing over this. If it's a big enough deal to have almost a page of posts, take it somewhere else, either pm or msn but this isn't the place to be perfectly honest. mak and saxon, I'm a bit disapointed in both of you for letting this go on, when you both have done a good job of killing posts that take an actual thread off topic like this one has. clean up the thread, take the argument somewhere else, and lets keep this on the topic of b1gapl's birthday. K?

Mak already said that the thread will be split, as soon as the mods
get the ability to do so. Guess the server change didnt run as smoothly as it
was supposed to.

i don't mean to get back on the subject, but saxon and mak are right, it does not have teh proper characteristics to be a planet but instead of completely demoting it to a rouge body they designated it a dwarf planet because of it's size and characteristics, so it is a planet,,,just a dwarf one, which...well...isn't a planet in the sense.

I already said it was gonna get split. My my my. Quick to criticize but not read the posts.:rolleyes:

MAtter of fact i will just message Trotter to split it. That way people can stop getting in a huff. That way the threads will be split and we can continue the discussion.:p

Define 'planet'

I think my sig fits this situation perfectly. 1 + 1 = 3 if you define 3 as a result of 1 + 1

Pluto is a planet if you define planet in a way that Pluto fits the criteria.

Pluto isn't a planet if you define planet in a way that Pluto doesn't fit the criteria.

as far as i am concered, Pluto is a planet. Ok maybe technically it isn't. But i shall refer to it as a planet for simplicity reasons :p

Apok said:
Define 'planet'

I think my sig fits this situation perfectly. 1 + 1 = 3 if you define 3 as a result of 1 + 1

Pluto is a planet if you define planet in a way that Pluto fits the criteria.

Pluto isn't a planet if you define planet in a way that Pluto doesn't fit the criteria.
Relativism at its finest, eh?

Actually, something either is or is not, especially when it comes to something as large as a planet or planetoid. If it fits the definition given by astronomers, then it is, plain and simple. If it doesn't meet the criteria, it isn't, end of story.

I was taught the Pluto is a planet. Now they say it isn't. Actually, it does not matter. I don't plan on visiting it, so I don't care if I get a planetary discount or not. The outer planets are rather unknown, so we may have a few more surprises before it is all said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom