This one will keep you thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
*** Einstein wrote this quiz last century. He said that 98% of the World could not figure it out. ***

There are 5 houses in five different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. These five owners drink a certain drink, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet no owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink. The question is --- who owns the fish?

Hints:

- the Brit lives in the red house
- the Swede keeps dogs as pets
- the Dane drinks tea
- the green house is on the left of the white house
- the green house owner drinks coffee
- the person who smokes Pall Mal rears birds
- the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
- the man living in the house right in the center drinks milk
- the Norwegian lives in the first house
- the man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
- the man who keeps horses lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill
- the owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer
- the German smokes Prince
- the Norwegian lives next to the blue house
- the man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water

Ummmm.....really?
The second hint is that the Swede has a dog.....
This "quiz" took me an entire day at work to figure out....

-Mike

at first i thought this was trick question. maybe the buildings were built not only in left and right but also above and below, even underground like 3D chess. i also thought maybe they didn't live in the same time period. i was able to find the answer using a 5x5 grid................. oh yeah, that plus i cheated and searched "einstein quiz 98" on google.com :)

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

I'm going to work this out tommorow or so. I know how to approach these types of problems. :)

This is a valid question. You CAN figure this out given the hints.....it just takes a while. I made a point not to look for an answer, but once I came up with an answer I looked it up to see if I was right...

-Mike

Well... I saw this as soon as I got home and I have been working on it since...

I used a 5x5 grid and figured the answer... it took me a while to prove I was right though. [ Thanks E ]

Hell yea Guy........Isn't it a Brain buster?!?!

I was calling back some clients and working on some Citrix environments that day....I remember this....I was talking to them but REALLY thinking about the quiz and I was TOTALLY distracted.

-Mike

Yea... I hate that too... I mean I love puzzles and brain teasers, but like you said, it's hard to get real work done... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom