Not to complain or anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Spam is not only posting secondary links or referrals people.
I'm just a small business owner with a family who happened to find a forum board that had something different than all the others.
Now I find it to be just like the rest. Maybe it's time for members with more longevity/posts to be more aware and accountable for the development of this place.

or maybe the needless topics should be deleted and ATI VS Nvidia / Intel VS AMD / Ram company VS ram company (yal get the point) should be not allowed.

First, Hygor, Why? Are you that simple you can't write your own post or is it you want to start a flame? Not cool...

P.P. Mguire, flaming serves no point. Everyone has their own opinion and views on things, so let it be. be tolerant not ignorant.

Sunsider, Although I do agree with you on the need for reform, I don't think Post counts should have anything to do with ratings of any type. There simply is no point to use a system that is flawed to begin with.
I would suggest we just remove the post counts and move on. Might serve to keep people from post farming...

Good point. I don't think they are necessary either, but it is the status quo on most boards across the net. Removing the post count would be an alright idea, as I have come across boards with that such feature not available. Generally those boards seem to have a more unique flow to them, but again, it comes down to the more frequent visitor, or "regular" doing their part to make it better place to hang your hat so to speak.

hope u dont mind me throwing in a thought..
first the reposting.. if a person that posted a topic and posts it again.. thats kinda b/s.. to waste our time.
second.. ive made a post bout free virus protection and i realize i could have searched.. but maybe more had been made since half a year ago so i just amde a new post asking which i think is fine
third.. just postin to yell at some one.. kinda ignorant.. opinions are perfectly fine.. but cmon dont have to be rude..
lastly.. most ppl here are pretty mature.. about what they posts or of what i have read... so thats just what i think..

Inaris said:
First, Hygor, Why? Are you that simple you can't write your own post or is it you want to start a flame? Not cool...

P.P. Mguire, flaming serves no point. Everyone has their own opinion and views on things, so let it be. be tolerant not ignorant.

Sunsider, Although I do agree with you on the need for reform, I don't think Post counts should have anything to do with ratings of any type. There simply is no point to use a system that is flawed to begin with.
I would suggest we just remove the post counts and move on. Might serve to keep people from post farming...

it was a joke hence the winking face ;)

this off topic discussion area doesnt count towards post counts... so again part of the joke... calling me simple... nice... oh well... guess you werent born with a sense of humour! :) have a nice day!

I agree cause ppl base post count on everything here but ive been coming here since september w/ new SN's but ppl dont listen to me until i have a high post count.

One problem with judging those who wrack up a fast post count. I am one of those myself. Research my posts and you'll see that a few were inquiries, some were just for fun, but most are trying to help people. Very different from some who run wild around here.

i usually don't put much stock in post count, unless it is under ten or so. If it is, then I know that they don't know the ropes. But I rather let the message of the post earn its own merit. Many on here have a lot of posts, but are idiots (used in a general sense). But I have been given straight help from some with very few posts.

Hygor:
I was only making the point of the thread. Why do it? it served no purpose and was done only to make your self laugh. it's a lot like working wth a group of people and one person repeating again and again what someone else says cause they think it's funny. I mean no disrepect to you, but really, it's a bit childish. And yes, I understood the meaning you were using. Also note what I said to P.P.... about flaming. it was more of a play on irony.

hope thats a bit more clear... to you and the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom