New job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^suck it up and deal with customers
if you need the money and o where else will call you back thats going to be your only choice. not like its hard work at all

I have been dealing with customers for 5 years. I have sucked it up for more then my share. I hate dealing with people especially when you have been dong it for a while. I have started my own business and found this to be more easier then working a desk dealing with the people.

You gotta demand that interview, if you want that job. If they see that you keep calling for one, they'll see that you really want the job, and eventually give you an interview. If they don't call back, it's probably because they also have lots of other applicants to deal with. So you should call back yourself. At least in my experience.

I actually did that once. I just kept bugging and bugging, finally the guy answered the phone and yelled at me for it. But sometimes this method could work, just not for me at the time.

Down here there's really not a lot of job openings, small town with 10,000+ people living in and around it. I'm probably gonna move in with my dad, look for a job up there then room with my brother. There's always jobs up there anyways.

One way or another, most any job is going to have a customer. So, working fast food or retail is maybe not the most desirable job, but it builds skills that you use for the rest of your life.

For example, I took a summer job during college crushing oil filters. Drivers would bring in truck loads of barrels full of oil filters. It was my job to unload these filters and crush them (yes, it was a crappy job). The drivers were my customers and I was accountable to them. They could be whiny or ingnorant just like the customers that I could have while actually working retail.

So I think the options speak for themselves: Learn to deal with customers or stay unemployed.

As Elbatrop said, there are always customers.

At my facility, our customers are both internal and external. External customers include thos we are shipping finished orders to, as well as other facilities we forward parts to. Internal customers include the next person or department down the chain, as in receiving's customers include overstock, pickers, assembly, quality... everyone who gets stuff from receiving.

Not only does every have customers, everyone is a customer. So, basically, the customer relationship starts with each person being a good customer, as well as treating each customer right. But, then, my company does business, both internally and externally, very different than most others.

That's debatable. While it was once true, today's "I-demand-it-and-I-demand-it-now" culture has made sure that the old adage is stone cold dead. Trying to live by that motto now is impossible.

People come in, make demands, you meet the demands, they decide they wanted something different, demand you meet those demands and give them what you have already provided, "Since you screwed it up!" I've seen it happen many times over here with some of our customers. Now I know exactly why our customer service guy is leaving tomorrow. (Anybody interested in the posistion I can point you in the right direction to apply)

Even Wal-Mart has distanced themselves from that motto in many cases. A friend works the Customer Service desk at WallyWorld, and has told of girls bringing back used, yes USED, pregnacy tests to get their money back on them. or people buying a big bucket of chicked from the deli, eating most of it, and then coming back in and demanding their money back because it wasn't good (or wanting it replaced!)... if it was so bad, why did you eat 12 out of 15 pieces?!?!?!

The best is someone buying something and either trying to return an empty box, or putting something else in the box, both thinking they won't check it. My friend said a guy brought back a laptop, and when she opened the box it had a Leapfrog laptop in it instead of the Acer he had bought. Another guy bought a big screen TV and tried to return the empty box... she knew something was up when he come CARRYING IT IN by himself...

That's debatable. While it was once true, today's "I-demand-it-and-I-demand-it-now" culture has made sure that the old adage is stone cold dead. Trying to live by that motto now is impossible.

People come in, make demands, you meet the demands, they decide they wanted something different, demand you meet those demands and give them what you have already provided, "Since you screwed it up!" I've seen it happen many times over here with some of our customers. Now I know exactly why our customer service guy is leaving tomorrow. (Anybody interested in the posistion I can point you in the right direction to apply)

Even Wal-Mart has distanced themselves from that motto in many cases. A friend works the Customer Service desk at WallyWorld, and has told of girls bringing back used, yes USED, pregnacy tests to get their money back on them. or people buying a big bucket of chicked from the deli, eating most of it, and then coming back in and demanding their money back because it wasn't good (or wanting it replaced!)... if it was so bad, why did you eat 12 out of 15 pieces?!?!?!

The best is someone buying something and either trying to return an empty box, or putting something else in the box, both thinking they won't check it. My friend said a guy brought back a laptop, and when she opened the box it had a Leapfrog laptop in it instead of the Acer he had bought. Another guy bought a big screen TV and tried to return the empty box... she knew something was up when he come CARRYING IT IN by himself...

LOL. Yeah people will try to scam anyway they can. From chicken to big screen TV's. I feel for those who have a full time job just working the Customer Service desk at a Wal-Mart or other store. The people I generally deal with are more professional but I still have my whiners. You could always be a Dog Sniffer if the customer thing don't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom