My Switch to LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use an 8ms for gaming all the time. I have to say it looks much better than my old CRT.

Ya LCD pictures comes out at you more, its more real; while a crt feels like there are screens in front of them....

Ok so I'm no gamer so are you saying if I get a basic 19' or 20' LDC moniter it will eventually be save money based on the power bills. How much can you save on your power bills and how long would it take to make a gain on your money?

I still don't see why everybody hates CRTs so much these days. I still use a CRT for gaming and an LCD for everything else. Its not the response time of LCDs that bother me in gaming, its the colors in dark games like Doom 3 look like crap. In much lighter scenes, such as those in HalfLife2 or UT2004, the LCD is superior, but it just doesn't do dark scenes justice. Plus, the frames seem much smoother on a CRT, although I am using a 16ms so thats why.

well i saw a buddy play doom3 on his nice viewsonic crt and it was just as dark as my lcd, its all about adjustments. That game was made dark so its scarier....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom