my dogs new chew toy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
It's called a simple warning dude, no ones taking it seriously, its an awesome pic, but it wouldn't be too hard for the dog to choke on something or cut it's mouth/throat.

DITTO. Like Dog, Cats, other animals and OCAU Forum Readers are not as smart as the rest of we humans are. It is a valid point about metal parts on those discs.
I remember using my fingers on those when i need to destroy them.

wow u people are old
ive never used one of those floppymajigs before
plus my computers dont have floppy drives
lol no offense to anyone even tho ull probably take it offensively

Hahaha! I don't use them either, too old. And I'm not gonna waste some $15 for a drive that I'm never gonna use. Hmmmm...we have two cats and plenty of floppies...:D (of course I'm gonna take the metal off...but they may just dart off and hide under the bed like they do with ballons).

NewCents05 said:
wow u people are old
ive never used one of those floppymajigs before
plus my computers dont have floppy drives
lol no offense to anyone even tho ull probably take it offensively

Really? How old are you anyway? They've only been obsolete for...five or so years? The G3 iMac was one of the first computers to come without a diskette drive...that was probably a mistake at the time, seeing as it did not have a CD burner by default, but all the same it marked the beginning of the decline of floppies.

Two of the four computers in this household have floppy drives; I personally only use floppies for my main synth.

My mom's computer has a 3.5' floppy drive still, and its only a little over a year old. I still remember the days when I had the 5 1/4' drive and having a CD drive was an amazing thing. Thats a great picture though.

lol well u can still customize desktops with a floppy if u want, but i have yet to see a laptop with a floppy disk built in even customized personally you couldnt find one
floppys are waaaayyy too old

and qiran worms floppys were outdated like in 96-97

floppies may be outdated, but what about software that isn't outdated thats still in use and that can fit on a floppy? for instance, kill disk.....a universal network boot disk.......symantec boot disk for ghost images? it would be such a waste for me to burn a 1MB program on a CD. besides.....if i want to use use multicasting for images on...let's say, 10 computers from 1 server, all i have to use is one bootable floppy. i'll boot up one computer into ghost and then have it wait for the multicast session to start and then remove the floppy and change the files containing the IP address of the ghost client and start up another one. this saves me from making 10 ghost client bootdisks. if i were to use a CD, i would be wasting lots of space.....and i would have to change the file name and reburn the file to the CD? what a waste of time. Floppies will still have a use for quite some time! ;)

mikesgroovin said:
symantec boot disk
Wha....... that not a plural there. I have never seen 1 symantec book disk. It's normally like 5 or 12. :D ;)

mikesgroovin, you are diffinatly right there that floppies are still used today. In fact, I sell more 1.44Mb floppy disks and I do any other media here.

I normally keep a pack at home as you never know when you are going to need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom