Move to USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
fliken said:
Hi there...

Well, the thing is I want to move to USA. :p I live in Sweden now and I've been here all my life. But, I've been to USA a few times. A lot in Minnesota (Minneapolis) since I got relatives there, and I really like the place! But I just need to ask a few things... I guess some of you are from USA and might have been in Minnesota (don't know cause I'm new to the forum).

Anyway, if I move to usa, what am I going to do, you know, what kind of job etc.? Do you think I'll be fine? I mean, I don't know the language perfect either. :)

Hope you can help me and give me some good advice!

I lived in Minnesota for 7 years, there are alot of people there with roots back to Sweden. Where are you thinking of moving to there? Minneapolis/St. Paul would probably be your best bet for getting a job as there are many more options. I also hear that Minneapolis is a favored city to live in (I am not a big fan of it myself, but I lived about 3 hours north in the country in Brainerd).

You seem to speak pretty good english from what I can see.

Any paticular skills that set you apart from everyone else? Even if not, you have to keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands of other people that are looking for a job that aren't yet skilled in something.

Don't make the same mistake some of us did and move to the US! Stay where you are! Good thing I'm getting out of here very very soon

If you want to ask me about it, PM me

I live in Minnesota in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. It's pretty nice and it's not super-hard to get a job. I kind of want to move to Sweden maybe we can switch lives or something lol :)

Your english seems very good compared to some immigrants I have dealt with. The education may need to go a little further. Internships may help you get your 'foot in the door'. IT jobs are numerous in the United States.

My personal opinion of Sweden is pretty nuetral. There isn't a lot there to draw people in. The funny accents are amusing though!

Ryan

Personally I think Sweden seems like a really nice place if you don't mind the colder weather. I'm pretty far left on the political spectrum and living in what is more or less a welfare state and seeing if it is something that I'd like is very appealing to me. Plus it seems you've got no shortage of hot blone women, which I also like ;).

And yes I do know where Lakeville is. It's not too far from St. Paul where I live.

fliken said:
First of all, thanks for all nice answers. :) Regarding my degrees and my education (I'm still in the school. 17 years old) , I am in the Upper Secondary School and attending the Technology Programme, don't know if that say anything to you, but it's one of the most difficult programme here in Sweden, and "IT jobs involve some money, doesn't it? Do you think I'll have good possibilitys with that education. In USA?

I have so much questions, I just have to ask them! I hope it's okey.. :D

What do you think about my english this far, you have seen? Am I going to have a hard time getting fluent in the language?

I must ask. What do you think of Sweden? Would you like to go there if you had opportunity to? :p Or does it seem boring to you? By the way my realtives will come to Sweden soon, so I wonder what they'll think!

jorsoft03, I'm thinking of move to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, actually. Some of my relatives live there.. Ever been to/or know what Lakeville is? :)

Thanks in advance..

Your english is almost as good as 90% of the people that actually live here :p

What part of sweden are you from? My wife grew up in vannerborg and we spend a fair amout of time in Sweden. It is beautiful, when it is not raining :) Are you comming on a work visa? The immigration process can be a pain. It took 2 years after I got married to get a green card for my wife. Your best bet would be to get a job with saab or volvo and have them get the work visa for you. The other possiblity is using some of your relatives to get a visa. good luck and congrats on your hokey team. heya svergia. something like that.

I think our imigrant policy is; illeagal aliens get free medical, job placement,schooling,etc. legal(doing it the right way);rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom