Looking for a digital camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I seen this one camera on TV, it was a Canon. I know it's out of my league as far as what I want to get because I know it was like 8 megapixel or something. However one feature about it I loved over my entry level Nikon 2100 is the fact that you can snapshot 3 times within 1 second.

That's one problem I had with my camera. I had to literally time the picture snap time.

Example: When I was at the Baltimore Aquarium and I knew the dolphins would zip out of the water and slam down, I had to time exactly when it would happen.

Can anybody suggest something for me? I don't exactly need 3 pictures per second, but I'd like to hit the button and BAM the camera takes the picture. Besides Nikon I have no experience with digital cameras.

I'd like to stay under 200 dollars, HOWEVER if for 300 I can get some magical superhuman camera that surpasses everything in existence I may consider it. More or less I'm looking for a START on camera searching...

New question. I'm trying to understand more about megapixels and whatnot...

Queston is this:

On staples I found that they have a "suggested maximum sized page" for the certain cameras. One thing I found is that the 4.0ish megapixel cameras are recommended for photo sized up to 11x14....... and 5.0ish megapixel cameras are recommended for photo sized up to 12x18.

Question is, if the maximum sized photo I had planned on printing out was 8x10, would the quality of the 5 megapixel be ANY different than the 4 megapixel?

AKA: Up until the "maximum sized page suggested" would both the 4 mpx and 5 mpx produce the exact same quality picture?

a higher megapixel means u can get the same quality at a higher resolution, meaning you can zoom into the image more, or the other way, resize it to make it a very high definition image. I would say the biggest impact on quality will be your printer, and you techniques of taking a picture. a 3megapixel camera can take amazing pictures with someone who knows good lighting techniques, and make it look better than someone with a 5 megapixel camera. so you can save a few $, and use it on a photographing book, :D but if you like editing pictures and such, you will get better results with a higher pixel rating.

My printer is a darn good one, so I'm not worried about that hindering the quality at all.

And yeah, I know a little bit when it comes to proper lighting techniques and whatnot. When I did my last job's web site when I was about 17, I took my 2.0 mpx Nikon to get some pictures of the golf course. I was almost afraid the manager wouldn't like the pictures for whatever reason, but they told me in the future even when I'm long gone from that place they'll call me to do the photography work, because I did a better job than a professional with a much better camera.

Not trying to brag even though it sounds like it, but it was an amusing short story I figured I'd share.

Regardless, I'd still like to get the best bang for the buck while I'm spending the money on a camera...

Let's put it this way. Side by side comparison, same settings, etc... Would a 5 mpx (maximum sized paper rated at 12x18) have better quality than a 4 mpx (maximum sized paper rated at 11x14) assuming I am making an 8x10 sized photo?

SLRs are ultra expensive.

I suggest the Canon A95. I have one.

If you want something small and lightweight, go for the sd300.

The digital SLR or single lens reflex lets you take amazing photos extremely quick. You can get all different kinds of lenses for them. They are really expensive but worth it. I play with the one at workk all the time, I just wish I had the money

Snump said:
SLRs are ultra expensive.

I suggest the Canon A95. I have one.

If you want something small and lightweight, go for the sd300.

I liked the A95. But I can't find it anywhere... It's not at staples, circuit city, best buy, newegg, nothing. The cheapest I found @ a brand new price on the internet was 380. Sorry kids, outa my league.

The one I'm really leaning towards is the Panasonic Lumix DMC LZ2. www.cnet.com gave it a pretty nice review, and cnet normally rates pretty **** hard on their products. Also Circuit City has it on sale now for ONE WHOLE DOLLAR CHEAPER than newegg.... Everywhere I look reviews are giving two thumbs up... I just haven't had any past experience with Panasonic cameras, so I wasn't sure if they were pretty nice or what.

the canon digital rebel :p um aroudn 800 dollars about the cheapest you can get. or the digitel rebel XT 8MP :mm:

the SD300 is very nice. i have one nice and compact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom