Look at what happened to my baby :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
81749c627429.jpg

It was parked. I got the guy that did it though and its getting fixed, I am SOOOO MADDD!!!!!

Im guessing $2000 to fix. Ill let you guys know tomorrow when the estimate goes through. What a shitty day I had.

"If it were a Cadillac, Then i'd see what you mean..."

I'd hate to be offensive, But it's a NISSAN!! Just like any Toyota or Honda. You can get a headlight like that from any chopshop (oops! i mean: JUNKYARD) for about $600 easy. ;)

I remember when i had that problem, somone told me: "Just take a hammer, and DiNg it out..." :amazed: :cool:

Are you also going to charge the guy for psychological damage? I mean you must have been SOOOO shocked when you saw it;)

Its a good thing you found the guy, some dude rammed right into my mom's truck and just drove away, we were out that day, so when we came back we couldn't do anything about it. Ended up having to pay for a huge part of the fix.

yeah.....a nissan....doesn't look 'high end' as far as nissans go, and $2g's for repair?

Doesn't sound right

those headlight are expensive guys they are xenon headlights those things are stolen alot becaise the set goes for around a grand also the fender and the other things he said i figure 1500-2000 in damage depends if he cheaps out and gets used parts

edit

Nissan Maxima headlight stolen

Regarding the Xenon headlights on the 2002, 2003 Nissan Maxima's. Apparently it has become very popular to steal these Xenon headlights from the Maxima's within a 1 to 2 minute time frame. I know, as I've had mine stolen twice in 16 days at a replacment cost of $3,500 each time 8 months ago. And just last night they attempted to steal them a 3rd time.

Luckily the after market alarm I installed in the car after the second incident worked and the theives were not able to steal the lights but did cause damage to my drivers side door and handle at a cost of over $200 for this repair. I've been on line to search and the problem seems to be nation wide. However from the different forum's I\'ve searched, Nissan corp seems to think it\'s a theft problem, not a manufacturing problem.

I think Nissan should be held responsible for a faulty design that is costing consumers thousands of dollars each day in either insurance premium increases or headlight replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom