Land lords / Property managers are a waste of Oxygen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
okay, for those people that know, the boss sold the business, and i had to move this week.

However in the last month, my previous boss found out that the landlord was a rat when it came to giving back the bond money. If he can find an excuse to not pay it, he will do it.

So my boss has not been paying the rest for the last few weeks.

Last friday, the property manager comes in with the Termination Of Lease letter and he was demanding the keys to the shop at 5pm.
While he was down in the shop, he was complaining about a dead computer monitor that was sitting out side the door. Problem that we had over the years is that there is a garbage bin out side the shop, and any thing that looks like "domestic waste" gets thrown in front of our shop's door step by the garbage collectiors.
The poperty mananger was being an jerk about it. I explained the problem that I have with the local garbage collectors in how they brush domestic waste up in front of out shop.
Myself :- I will move it when I am done dealing with you.
Property Manager :- I want you to move it now.
Myself :- I can not be in 2 places in once. I am either dealing with you, or moving the monitor. I am not leaving the shop with you still in it.
Property Manager :- If that is your attitude, i will have you up on charges for vadalism.
Myself :- WTF?!?! Fine.
I walk out, and remove the offending monitor. As I was taling the offending monitor into the shop, i notice a dead vacume cleaner by the bin outside.
Myself :- Here's your ****ing monitor. Btw, there a vacuum cleaner outside too. You want me to remove that too?
The only reply i got was "there is no need to swear at me".
Oh, I am sorry. Since you were bing such a charly uniform november tango, I just happen to forget my mannors just then.
Laster on that day, i was joking the boss about how i should just go up to his shop and leave a nice warm Keyboard Cowboy Sydney Steamer on his office door step and tell him to clean it up as it's a sign of vandalism.

Part form putting up with abusive phone calls, and me having the move the magority of my gear to my parents place before moving into my new place. Nothing could make me any more angrier than what i saw this evening.

I am about the leaving my new works place. i was having a quite chat with the new boss's wife when i get a phone call from my previous boss. He was asking me that he needs a wittness and the propery manager has sunk to a new level.
So i quickly head over there. And this is was I see. 3 cars parking my boss in. What happened next was sickening. Here is the land lorder making one set of demands, and then ordering another.

Firstly, there was the "taking possesion of property". This is where the land lord can repossess your property and then sell what ever is one it to recover bad debts. Luckly, my boss managed to clear out all but a few items from the property. All that was left was a table, sofa, fridge, microwave and a woredrobe.
Where last week, the property manager was making threats that he was doing to take every thing that is still on the property. It's now turned into you, i want those items off the property.
So i help my previous boss move some of the stuff out, I told him that there is no way that i am going to take a fridge down a flight of dimly lit stares. By this time, it was about early evening.

And then there was the next part. Property manager is giving my previous boss orders to Get Off The Property. My boss had no problem in agreeing to this. However, his car was triple parked in. There was the property manager, the land lord and the land lord's son car parked in the drive way. Owers of the these cars where not going to move them, and yet the property manager is telling my previous boss to Get off the property. So my boss calls the police and explaining to them that he's currently being held captive. And then I hear this remark from the land lord saying "Go ahead and call the police. We can then have you up on charges for tresspassing" And that remark just made me sick. Here's is one guy trying to follow orders, meanwhile there was some one else stopping him from doing those order and then coming up with more legal reason take my previous boss to court.
Eventully the owners of the cars finally grew some brain cells when they realised that they where just being jerks on this part.

Howver the two faced attitude off the property managers and land lord really does make hope that there is that special h3ll for people like these.
If you are going to take some thing away, then take it! Don't just way "I don't want it" when you realise that it's not what you wanted.
And if you telling some one to GTFO, then at least allow them to leave. Don't just continue to get in the way.

Sure I can understand that my boss was in the wrong for not paying his rent. However it does not give the other party to be *** holes about it.

Some people are just a waste of Oxygen.

I'm with Charles on that one. I can keep my temper out of control, but in that situation, I would have blown a gasket. No way is some two-bit piece of **** going to order me around like a pompous jerk and then HINDER me from trying to actually do what the pompous jerk is telling me to do in the first place because his tiny peanut brain can't comprehend more than 2 strings of information at the same time.

No way, no how. I take a lot of **** sometimes, but that would be the final straw right there.

Man, I got angry just reading that. That's just not right.

EDIT: It's nice to know that other shops have dead monitors in front of their store, haha. We have this tiny one that's just been sitting there for a couple years...

I would have told the police that he was stealing my car. After all, if he was ordering him off the property, but had the car enclosed, it would be theft.

Not paying the rent gives the owner and manager some teeth, legally. While I agree with your (former) boss, it still was wrong to do. At most I would have stoped short enough on my payments to equal the deposit.

Many landlords will try tooth and nail not to return your security deposits / bonds. Normally, a landlord will offer you a Walk-through with a clipboard and a list of things. You are to walk around and check anything that you see as far as damages or issues. Then you both sign it. When you move out, he/she does a final inspection.

This final inspection should normally exclude, "Normal Wear and Tear". Which is such a "bogus" term because it's so undefined as to what "normal wear and tear" actually is.

What I do is I attach an additional document to that walk-through form that outlines what I feel normal "Wear and Tear" is. They review it and if they agree, it's checked. If they disagree it's "X". If I feel I can live up to their definition of "wear and tear" and they can live up to mine, I will sign, they will sign and we both get a copy.

I've done this for the last 2 places I've rented. After getting ROYALLY reamed for the very first place I rented. They basically went through the place with a magnifying glass and said, "Oh, we found a few spores of mold in one of the bathroom floor tiles in the corner." That's going to cost us $200 to have it removed." etc...etc..etc....

Funny thing is that around the courner from the my new place, there is a cafe with a eviction notice from the same property managers. Not sure how long this cafe has been like this, but looking inside the cafe, there is half drunken drinks. It looks like the land lord came in during business and told every one to GTFO right in the middle of business.

I would have done the same thing as your boss, but at that point i would have lost it and just rammed there cars.

It's a typical of any bull baiting tactic.

This final inspection should normally exclude, "Normal Wear and Tear". Which is such a "bogus" term because it's so undefined as to what "normal wear and tear" actually is.

What I do is I attach an additional document to that walk-through form that outlines what I feel normal "Wear and Tear" is. They review it and if they agree, it's checked. If they disagree it's "X". If I feel I can live up to their definition of "wear and tear" and they can live up to mine, I will sign, they will sign and we both get a copy.
That one of the problems with the place that I was at. The concrete walls where rotting. There is a few holes in the wall where some of my framed posters fell.

The other thing that does annoyies me about this creep is that there is some rubbish from the previous tennet when we where moving in. I do have a feeling that they are going to try to pin that on my former boss.

I don't think my former boss really cares about what the land lord and property manager is going to do to him. He's only going to be in this country for the next few months.

I've done this for the last 2 places I've rented. After getting ROYALLY reamed for the very first place I rented. They basically went through the place with a magnifying glass and said, "Oh, we found a few spores of mold in one of the bathroom floor tiles in the corner." That's going to cost us $200 to have it removed." etc...etc..etc....

This is a one of the reasons why I surrended to bond to my last house mate a few years back. I new that there was some problems in the house. Especially considering that my house mate rarely did his part of house work. In the end, he was told to go back and mow the lawn. And even then, he still got nothing back for his bond money.

My boss nearly got screw on the last place he was renting for his home. The property manager refused to let him bring in a his own cleaning service to clean the place. He managed to win that one in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom