It's calorie-burning time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost 50 pounds since new years. I jogged daily for 30 minutes for 3 months, and cut off all fast food. I still don't eat fast food except for once in a great while. I'm 140, down from 192.

But I'm lazy, unorganized, and have no willpower. I want the easy way out.
There is no easy way out, get over it. Be lucky that you even have a high metabolism.

If I wanted to lose weight, I'd have to work my butt off to counter this crap.

that is true that ice water burns calories... its because your body works to warm it up to the 98degrees it is supposed to be at.

WorldIndustries said:
But I'm lazy, unorganized, and have no willpower. I want the easy way out. :(

Pft....you and me both.

I've recently decided to get some meat on my bones. Since I can't seem to gain any weight...at all...I decided that I'd build up some muscle instead. So, I've been doing a workout routine for 4 days now, and I gotta tell you...I feel ripped. ;) All joking aside....I might actually be able to see some results in a month or two.

Anyway, we'll see just how long this work out routine of mine lasts....haha....willpower...ugh...that's something I don't have much of when it comes to things like this.

I run and lift weights to keep in shape. Over the winter I didn't do much and drank a lot of beer...I weighed about 160 which is the most I've ever weighed in my life.

Now that I've been working out I'm back down to 138 and can bench 185...nothing crazy...but not bad for my size (5' 9'' and 138)

I can bench 155 and I'm 5'5"...100lbs. Well, when I went to the docs for my physical to get my permit (yea, I had to get a physical inorder to get a permit....what the!?!) they weighed me in at 99lbs; however, I had a empty stomach then. :p

I can bench 195 now and I weigh in at 165-170, it alternates somehow, today I was 168.5. To keep in shape I do sports, which is kinda not helpful to you because I think your out of highschool. I don't have ripped abs at all, in fact I have a keg right there but it doesn't bother me, because I don't have the enthusiasm, willpower, give-a-**** attitude to get one. I've also heard getting a 6 pack is just a diet, and crunches and crap are barely involved for the first 6 months of dieting, again, not my kind of thing, and I need more weight for football anyways.

Well, I'm 6'1" with a weight of 154. I used to spend my spare evenings outside skateboarding, just running around and stuff. But now I spend them drinking beer with my friends.

I just used this online calculator (I know, they're never accurate, but I just wanted a guestimate), and my body fat level is around 11.43%, which is charted as "very lean". Doesn't matter what it says, I'm still getting this fat off. Guess I'm gonna have to get some plans put in place.

And I'm keeping a little chart thing, counting the number of calories I'm eating :p
I know I said I loved food, but I'm just trying it for a week or so, see what it does.

My goal is 1500 calories per day. I've gotta lose weight that way.

WorldIndustries said:
Well, I'm 6'1" with a weight of 154. I used to spend my spare evenings outside skateboarding, just running around and stuff. But now I spend them drinking beer with my friends.

I just used this online calculator (I know, they're never accurate, but I just wanted a guestimate), and my body fat level is around 11.43%, which is charted as "very lean". Doesn't matter what it says, I'm still getting this fat off. Guess I'm gonna have to get some plans put in place.

And I'm keeping a little chart thing, counting the number of calories I'm eating :p
I know I said I loved food, but I'm just trying it for a week or so, see what it does.

My goal is 1500 calories per day. I've gotta lose weight that way.

My bro was 6'4" and he weighed about the same...around 154....that is, until he get a g/f....then with all of her baking he quickly put on another 25lbs. Now, he's around 175 and he's getting a little bit of a gut, but he's still a twig. Of course, he married that same g/f.

Another thing, I'd really like to know, does keeping your stomach muscles tight all the time burn calories? I saw a commercial a while ago that had this concept, all it was was a little device you would strap to your stomach, and it would beep if you didn't have your stomach muscles tightened. Apparently, you can get abs if you do this... But then again, it's an infomercial :rolleyes:

But I've gotten myself to do this subconciously. I did it all yesterday, and I'm doing it again today. Might seem like a waste if it doesn't really do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom