Interstellar GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem is that ever since the big bang, the universe is ever exanding and moving. Let not forget that we have the Andromeda galaxy that is going to collide with us at some point into time.

^billions of years into the future though, and by then our sun will be running out of fuel and will expand, and if we are still alive we will be incredibly advanced, beyond advanced.So we would be able to stop the big smash up.

^billions of years into the future though, and by then our sun will be running out of fuel and will expand, and if we are still alive we will be incredibly advanced, beyond advanced.So we would be able to stop the big smash up.

Well, I better start stocking up on food now and building my rocketship then.

^i do not understand ..... unless we discover a way to transfer our conscientiousness's to new human bodies in your life expectancy or to prolong the human life indefinitely then you will expire long before this event occurs.

^well there is two theories to that.

1.) that the two galaxies will not have total chaos and will simply combine/merge

or 2.) Each solar system will start pulling each other towards each other (gravitational pull) and then presumably destroy each other or smash each other up a bit and one will prevail.

You are correct, this kind of event would be the time for walk for your life (instead of run for your life) because it will be extremely slow, probably taking millions, even hundreds of millions of years to finish

^that is assuming we haven't blown up the entire universe by then. Which, given our track record just on this planet recently, looks pretty likely.

I mean seriously, my money is on this place not lasting another thousand years, let alone millions of years...

^well there is two theories to that.

1.) that the two galaxies will not have total chaos and will simply combine/merge

or 2.) Each solar system will start pulling each other towards each other (gravitational pull) and then presumably destroy each other or smash each other up a bit and one will prevail.
Are you sure the term theory is a correct description for them?

Theory: Current working model or explanation, built on evidence, as to how a known fact or phenomena occurs.
e.g. Gravity is a known fact/phenomena. The theory of gravity is the model detailing how it works, tested through repeatable experimentation.
^that is assuming we haven't blown up the entire universe by then. Which, given our track record just on this planet recently, looks pretty likely.

I mean seriously, my money is on this place not lasting another thousand years, let alone millions of years...
How do you pertain that to even be possible?
The entire stockpile of nukes on this planet is only capable of 'destroying' things mostly on the surface of this planet.
And that's only in the context of reforming/rearranging their physical makeup, with a very slight loss in mass converted into other forms of energy (as per E = MC²)

Maybe if somebody divides by zero....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom