Instant heat and rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, both hughsnet and texas both suck. Back before i left texas to move here to colorado i was stuck on 28.8k dial up and was looking into hughes. They wanted 600 bucks to install that crap and then another 60 bucks a month for the service.

Texas dosent suck, but Hughes does. We had to pay 700 actualy and 80 a month. Its cause i live in the sticks. We DO have another service availible that everybody is starting to pick up on out here. Its called Aircanopy and is based out of Midloathian. Pretty much what it is, is they offer a cable service and they transmit it through a radio tower in town and they install a satelite on your house to pick up the signal. Since its so highly directional no weather cuts it out. My best friend has it (My 2 servers are at his house LOL) and the ping between the satelite is 2ms and he paid for 3meg service and is getting 5meg service. Its also 20 bucks cheaper than what were paying and costs 140 to install. They offer 10meg service as well. To bad my parents where stupid, didnt listen to me, and are now stuck under a 2 year contract and wishing they listened :)

Wow 2 year contract with hughes? When i was looking into it you only had to do a 1 year contract with 599 setup and monthly fee. But yes, texas does in fact suck. Lived there 29 years and now that im in Colorado, you couldnt get me to go back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom