How'd you pick your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah...a very interesting thread here.

"qiranworms"...hmm...now where the hell would that have come from...?

I actually do not know. I've been using it for my webnames at least six years now. It's very random...and for something even more random...when signing up for something that requires a username I will never spell it with a capital letter :confused:... What annoys me is when people read it as "giranworms"...depends on the forum's fonts, I guess...because it doesn't happen here, while other places it does all the time...

I actually started using >>>Digital Air<<< for a while too a couple of years ago...that came from hearing something from the television in the room next to me that I heard as "Digital Air Tires" (when the advertisement had actually said something about a digital meter for car tires' air pressure). I shortened it to "Digital Air" because I thought it sounded cool at the time. At this point in time I'll use either one.

One of my first intranet emails used my initials, and a guy I used to work with called me DMo (pronounced DeeMo, long o). It's the first initial of my first name with the first two letters of my last name. The 224 is my birthday. No, that's not 224 A.D. :p

Go figure!

Dave :D

Hmm, in 1999 I was just thinking of a callsign for me because I use to play Novalogic's F16 Multirole Fighter online all the time. I was thinking, and thinking, and for a while I used ThunderVolt (don't ask)....I used that for a 2-3 months, then I was thinking again...and a few days ago i just watched the move "FireFox"(the one with the russian plane...stupid russians).....So i've stuck with that since....peoplel usually call me Fire or FF.....and yes, I'm a pyromaniac...^^

Emily said:
Just curious... what are people's stories behind their usernames? Mine's pretty boring because I am creatively challenged.

Anyone have any interesting reasons for picking their usernames?
I was closing a disobedient program while I was filling out the field for "username"....It just seemed like a good name to use.

DMo224 said:
One of my first intranet emails used my initials, and a guy I used to work with called me DMo (pronounced DeeMo, long o). It's the first initial of my first name with the first two letters of my last name. The 224 is my birthday. No, that's not 224 A.D. :p

Go figure!

Dave :D

is that DeeeMon??? :p

I'm a Lonewolf because of who I am. If you had met me in person you would have never guessed it just by my outgoing and sincere nature.

Ever since I was little, I was constantly harrassed and hazed. My family came to the states from S. Korea when I was a young kid and we ended up in a small red-neck town next to a mid-sized city. Even though it was the 70's I was still treated as a "forgiegner" and constantly teased for my slanted eyes, whatever... As a result, I was used to hanging out by myself and not relying on others to occupy my time. I never really belonged to a 'clique' or any special group growing up in school and even through my high school days I had a few friends in all the major categories, jocks, geeks, nerds, etc.

I'm still outgoing and friendly. But I still prefer my solitude over masses.... Prefer meaningful & intelligent conversations with 1 person rather than in a group.... and I rarely follow the heard.

I'm definitely not the quiet and reserved type - i've got opinions up the wazoo. And I've never had a seriuos g/f - although i've had my share of flings. And I doubt I'll ever get married either. And w/ my future plans to travel around the world someday, I doubt I would make good hubby material to settle down and raise a family although ... depending on her bra size and how good she looks walking away that might sway my decision just a tad....:p I guess I am just destined to be the lonewolf type.

Lone Wolf said:
although ... depending on her bra size and how good she looks walking away that might sway my decision just a tad....:p I guess I am just destined to be the lonewolf type.

I was actually starting to feel a little bad for you until you wrote that!!! LOL Geez dude....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom