How many off you are off work cause of the snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the problem you face in the UK is the same we face here in the South... not only are you not prepared for snow and ice, but no one knows how to drive in it.

I have purposefully stayed off the roads today. The main roads (highways and interstates) are clear, but the side and secondary roads are hit and miss with snow and ice. There is still some patches of black ice on some of the main roads, as out pastor hit one and wrecked his truck today (he is fine... don't know about the truck yet). Even with everyone knowing this they all drive like nothing has happened.

My mom came down earlier to pick some stuff up and said she had been out. At the foot of our road, which T's into another with a downhill grade, a car had slid right on out and across and was in the woods on the other side. Odds are they came down to the stop sign at the same speed they normally would and hit snow/ice and kept going. Thankfully there wasn't an oncoming vehicle.

I know how to drive in it, but I would rather stay out of the way of those who don't.

Yesterday was actually my first time driving in snow. It's not really hard, just have to be more careful and gentle on the gas on brakes. I ride snowmobiles too, but that's a lot different than a car ;).

If my boss does does not have the car con fixed on tuesday, I am just going to work from home. According to the whether report, it's going to be 40c (104F) on tuesday.

Yesterday was actually my first time driving in snow. It's not really hard, just have to be more careful and gentle on the gas on brakes. I ride snowmobiles too, but that's a lot different than a car ;).
Just make sure you pump on the brakes instead of just putting constant pressure on them, and if you're going down a steep hill, either put it in neutral or 1st gear (I have been putting it in first gear myself).
That's crazy. It's like 14*F here right now.

Psh, that's warm compared to what we've been having. It finally got above 0 today...it has been around -10*F, with windchill of -30*F.

Thanks for the tips :). I think you should get an extension cable and a small table and give your PC a timeout outside in the cold for a little while.... ;).

Lol HIkari and i talked about that the other day actually, that I shoulda done some suicide runs and have the tower sitting outside and have cables running inside lol.

How is it non-conductive? It's frozen water...lol And when it melts it becomes water ;).

Could put it under some type of canopy so it doesn't get snowed on, but you could still get condensation I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom