High End Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should really go down to a shop or some sort and hold the camera in your hands and feel it. Also do not buy from places like best buy, circuit city or any other stores. Im sure you knew that but just letting you known.

as Cliche as it sounds, Im sure my statement will be backed by many.

Any local camera dealers?

The 9100 is the better of the two, but they are nearly identical. The 9100 is the newer model. Here is a side-by-side comparison of both of them

You might want to consider going for a true DSLR instead of the Pseudo-SLR like those, so you use different lenses, but its really up to you.

I second Lord Anthrax's comments. Don't buy from big box stores, buy from a camera shop and get a feel for the camera to make sure it suits you and you like the feel.

Also, just for reference, the pictures I posted in the TF photo gallery thread are taken with a Fuji S5000 camera, a few steps lower than the 9100.

So you wouldn't buy it online? I can get it for under $400 online. The lowest I have found it locally is $560

You can buy it online, sure, but you still should go to a store to get a feeling of how you like it in person. It can't hurt.

PS. where can you find it for under $400?

Lord AnthraX said:
You should really go down to a shop or some sort and hold the camera in your hands and feel it. Also do not buy from places like best buy, circuit city or any other stores. Im sure you knew that but just letting you known.

as Cliche as it sounds, Im sure my statement will be backed by many.

Any local camera dealers?
^^^Uh Huh.

Vybuni said:
You might want to consider going for a true DSLR instead of the Pseudo-SLR like those, so you use different lenses, but its really up to you.
Maybe. If you consider an SLR, you need to ask yourself, "How much am I prepared to spend on my artwork?" You can't just go to best buy and buy a Rebel XT Kit and be set. You will need to buy additional lenses, you will eventually buy a flash, and you will spend ALOT more than you expected on other gear. Buying an SLR is not a decision to be taken lightly (unless you're loaded).

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Maybe. If you consider an SLR, you need to ask yourself, "How much am I prepared to spend on my artwork?" You can't just go to best buy and buy a Rebel XT Kit and be set. You will need to buy additional lenses, you will eventually buy a flash, and you will spend ALOT more than you expected on other gear. Buying an SLR is not a decision to be taken lightly (unless you're loaded).

well, I only have 450ish to spend on this so I think that one of these with just the one lens is the way to go for me. would I be correct?

PS, I can get it for under 400 here: http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=708965

I highly suggest buying camea gear off of bhphotovideo.com (where I buy my equipment), Adorama.com, and Newegg.com.

I've never heard of bestpricedcameras.com.

And being almost $100 cheaper than B&H, it looks real shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom