Hey, how do you guys wake up early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. And I thought I was overweight at 160...lb...

Back on-topic, I have a kick-ass alarm clock that I've used for the last couple of years. I swear, the alarm could wake the dead...

I usually keep it away from myself, so that I have to get out of bed to turn it off, lol.

I have to keep my window closed though, since it would probably wake up the whole city if it was open, lol. :rolleyes:

gaara said:
I am sure someone is going to make a scene about this, but I smoke a joint when I walk to school. I honestly HATE getting up early and feel like I am in some weird dream state until lunch nearly every day, however marijuana wakes me up and I've done much better in my morning classes.

Another problem I have is I have trouble sleeping in the first place and cannot fall asleep before 2AM, which poses a problem when I have to get up at 7AM

I don't know what's wrong with me in the morning, I feel like absolute crap, I never eat breakfast and haven't had a bowl of cereal in about four years, I can't eat anything without feeling the need to throw up

I am exactly the same way as you, except for the joint part. I have no idea how it helps you do well in school :eek:

How to wake up methods by DJ-CHRIS.

#1: Get someone else that wont stfu to wake you up.

#2: Use multiple alarm clocks in different parts of the room.

#3: Hide your alarm clock so you cannot find it.

I usually keep it away from myself, so that I have to get out of bed to turn it off, lol.
I have my alarm clock across the room, and have had it there for the past 15 years or so.

It used to be on the nightstand... but I got into the habit of rolling over and turning it off without waking up. Then I'd wake up four hours late for work.

Now, I have to get up and cross the room to shut it up. Since I'm already up, I just keep going...

Trotter said:
I have my alarm clock across the room, and have had it there for the past 15 years or so.

It used to be on the nightstand... but I got into the habit of rolling over and turning it off without waking up. Then I'd wake up four hours late for work.

Now, I have to get up and cross the room to shut it up. Since I'm already up, I just keep going...

I got to the point where I was doing it subconciusly.

Wow. And I thought I was overweight at 160...lb...

I don't even want to talk about that... I graduated in '86 at 230 pounds. And I haven't seen that since...

I use a alarm clock someone made using visual basic or some kinda of programming language, my computer is hooked up to a sound system...... Car amps and such powered with PSUs and using some nice little 6x9 speakers, gets very loud lol

Chankama said:
I find that I actually "lose" weight when I stop going to the gym. When I was fit, the most I've weighed was 195 lbs. When I stop working out, I go down to like 180 lbs. It's frikkin weird. :rolleyes:. I eat about 5 times a day when I workout though. lol

Actually that is not weird at all. for some people that have a fast metabolism and are naturally skinny, when they go to the gym and work out you are gaining muscle and yes maybe losing some fat but gaining more muscle than fat lost. Since muscle also weighs more than fat it would only make sence that you would gain weight. Even if all you do is run you are still gaining leg muscle, but you prob would not gain it as fast as if you were lifting weights. my friend every years weighs 250 about before football and with all the running and shit they do he ends up gaining 30 to 40 lbs oh and as far as when you stop and you lose weight well your muscle kinda deteriorates kinda like your fat when you run. so if you dont work out you will lose the muscle hence losing weight

Muscle is 4x as heavy as fat.

I eat like all hell during all day, and I rarely go to the gym and I haven't gone past 170lb ever. I'm 155-160 right now. I should be like 150lb cuz of all that I eat O_O

DJ-CHRIS said:
#1: Get someone else that wont stfu to wake you up.

#2: Use multiple alarm clocks in different parts of the room.

#3: Hide your alarm clock so you cannot find it.

#1 - ROFL, thats the worst, but most effective.
#2 - That'd piss the hell outta me, lol.
#3 - That DOES piss the hell out of me, lol. I'm like, "OMFGWTFBBQ! Wheres the damn clock! STFU n00b!" :p

Trotter said:

Yea, about the same with me. I keep it across the room cuz I'd just slam a hand on it and turn it off in the morning.

These're all very good methods of waking up, lol.

well.. back to being BACK on subject lol... get someone in the house to get a waterbottle and suqirt you a few times :) works for me... OR put a nail above you head about a foot above.. and then wrap the alarm clock cord on it and plug it in having the alarm clock about 4 inches away from your head hanging on the nail :D works for me also..another thing.. is to set you clock about 20 mins fast.. when you wake up you forget about it and think OH CRAP IM LATE and jump out of bed to find out ur on time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom