This guy could get drunk pretty quick..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm 17...i don't go to parties, i'm not a social person at all to be honest...i hate crowds, and i hate people around this area in general. the less i have to spend with them...the better

IF you can go to war, vote, and die for your country,
he can't do any of those either :|

I can in one year... yet i can't drink till i'm 18.

The law is very screwed up. They have no problem with us joining the army and letting our lifes go to defend the 60 million people at home. But they don't let us have a pint of beer ? - like veedub was saying.

People allways say alcohol doesn't help with your problems. What ? yes it does. It makes you forget, it makes you honest, it makes you open to speak with your friends about stuff you wouldn't dare do when your sober. and then you wake up the next day with a big weight off your chest.

^i agree with everything u have said waffle, although i have the occasional beer, or drink, but i would never get anywhere near to being plastered.

Don't take offense by my agreeing oreo, not what im meaning to do, it's ur life, do what ever u want, im just saying i agree with waffle on how i handle my life :).

No offense taken. It's only because of the extremety of the past 6 months and the influence of british culture which has led me to be how i am...

^yeah loosing family is tough, trust me , i know, i understand, but drinking is not the way to get by it, if u keep doing it ur just going to be covering it up, not getting over it. U need to confront it, and except it, and move on with ur life, like ur only 14 dude, u got a lot of life ahead. (i sound like a therapist because i help out a very good friend of mine with her problems, she is in a similar situation, lost her dad, everyone blamed her, she took to drugs and alcohol, but she is make progress.)

Oreo you know me an you know my history I am a recovering alcoholic - I am down to social drinking only an if you thing its easy let me tell you it ****ing isnt. I have gone from drinking 1ltr of scotch a day an 12 cans to notjing a day you have no idea how hard that is. An that come about from losing my best mates people I would have died for so you want to talk about pian ****ing talk to me OK!

i'm 17...i don't go to parties, i'm not a social person at all to be honest...i hate crowds, and i hate people around this area in general. the less i have to spend with them...the better

he can't do any of those either :|

Just because you are a socially detached person doesn't mean you get to look down upon others that enjoy drinking, and having a good time. :rolleyes:

I have this problem with beer. After a heavy night of pitchers of Labatts Blue i got real sick. Like 3 days worth of sick. Now i cant stand the smell of beer. It makes me gag and vomit almost instantly.

There is no getting over it. That happened when i was 21. It has been 10 years and i still can not stand the smell of beer. So get used to a life without spirits. Even holding your nose wont work. The taste will get you sick. I tried that as well.

I even tried not to breathe while drinking beer. Just the taste of it on my toungue got me instantly sick. Sorry but you wont be drinking anymore.

you can be happy and honest, solve your problems and relate even better to your friends without alcohol. now, im not one to say i haven't enjoyed my drinking in the past, man i got ****ed up lots of times...and im lucky that the world is still graced with my presence. and i had lots and lots and lots of good times.....ahhhhhhhh, "the good ol' days" as we old farts like to say...
but alcohol will not solve your problems. at the most it will just make you forget them if you get drunk enough. but when you wake up, those problems are still there. eventually, and i can guarantee you this will happen...there will come a point to where it isnt covering up your problems anymore, its creating them. i understand about british society as much as i can not having been there. i have a few redcoat friends, and they aren't complete drunks.
im more than twice your age and my life hasnt been a picnic, lemme tell ya. im just goving you a useful piece of advice. find something constructive to do.
if you can be a social drinker, there is nothing at all wrong with that. getting **** faced over and over again does not qualify as social drinking IMO.
im like saxon, i drank way too much in high school and college and finally just stopped...and now have gotten myself together enough to have a beer or two and not feel the need to shut the bars down. it wasn't easy. just some friendly advice for a fellow tech forums member :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom