Genuinely Disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Seriously, the new Phenom II's if the reviews are correct are just not going to cut it.

I wanted one because it would have been like $800 cheaper than going Core i7 here in Australia. Turns out, between a Phenom1 at 3ghz and a Phenom II 940 3ghz, in Vantage there is less than 90 marks difference.

Not just Vantage, but in most of the other benchmarks.

Dam it.
So this brings me to my OT question. What have you been disappointed in, in the last year or so?

Seriously, the new Phenom II's if the reviews are correct are just not going to cut it.

I wanted one because it would have been like $800 cheaper than going Core i7 here in Australia. Turns out, between a Phenom1 at 3ghz and a Phenom II 940 3ghz, in Vantage there is less than 90 marks difference.

Not just Vantage, but in most of the other benchmarks.

Dam it.
So this brings me to my OT question. What have you been disappointed in, in the last year or so?

i think the real advantage will come with tri channel memory like core i7.

i think the real advantage will come with tri channel memory like core i7.

Dont tell me that... lol. Means i would have to wait till AM3 boards and then buy DDR3 mem which would end up being the same price as an i7 rig.

hmm well possibly there will be a newer revision like when the first phenoms came out and they totaly sucked then they relesed some revisions and got better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom