Finnaly moving into the new house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same goes for you, HAVOC. $1200 is double my house payment.

It's all relative. Jobs pay more where I live, but the cost of everything else is triple anywhere else. I could make $100,000 per year and still be broke. The more you make... the more the government and state smile and take.

Thanks guys, it is good to finally have a home. Today was one heck of a day, got up at 3am, left at 3.5am, drove to sudbury (got there at about 10-11) got the moving truck, picked up a stuff from where i used to live (which is 45 mins away from where we got the truck) then drove back to the city to get our things out of the storage bin (started loading the stuff out of storage at about 1pm and went on loading until 5.5pm) a lot of it was furniture and boxes. Then drove back to fonthill (where i moved to, it is near st.catharines ontario) we just got right now...it is 1:57am. Tomorrow morning we will unload it all. Pictures will have to wait untill tomorrow, i am exhausted. I'll take some of the house semi vacant, and some when things are in the house, we may not finish bring things in tomorrow though.

Who are you with Luke? Rogers is actually higher than I pay for. I beleve I pay for 7, but get 9.

It shouldn't be 4Megs lower, I'd definitely get them to check the lines.

I'm with bell ( i wanted rogers but we got a bell bundle for phone and satellite tv. I was thinking it would be maybe 2megs under the advertised specs but 4megs i thought was a pretty big difference. But i don't know what is the norm, so you think i should call them and see whats the deal?

Yha definately call, Could be something dumb like a bad line, or switch in the box.

If they don't fix it, nix your package to something lower. My folks have a 3Meg package, so i'd get that... why pay for it if they don't give it, and you know you can get 3Megs.

Thats less than 50% speed eh.

Hey luke post some pics of your new gaff, set up your own bench come on you know you want too.

Ok i set it up with an actual cat5e cable instead of with the built in wireless with the modem and then tested it and it was 6 down and .6 up ... thats good enough for me, the built in wireless must seriously suck.

Hey luke post some pics of your new gaff, set up your own bench come on you know you want too.

Gaff? (im assuming that means house). Yeah i will post some pics in a few mins, just gotta take some. I didn't notice until about 20mins ago that there is a small little room in the basement by the furnace that i can use for a work bench. We didn't get everything off the truck today, only about half of it.

Ok here is some pics, keep in mind some things on the house need fixing, the wall paper also needs to be ripped down and then the walls painted. But we have just moved in.

^The house from the drive way

^my room where i piled some of my gear when we were first moving stuff in yesterday.

^upstairs hallway, there is 4 bedrooms and a 1.5 bath up here (the smallest bedroom is going to be used as an office/den)

^my temp. desk in my room for now, it is a nice desk though, so i have not decided if im going to buy a new one or use this one.

^ a room on the main floor, my sister has a lot of books so she wants to use it as a library.

^ When you walk out the front door. (taken yesterday)

^today while we were unloading some stuff (girl with black long hair is my sister)

^the drive way, we can park our car in the barn if we want, but it is not very structural stable, there are a few beams that we will have to replace before we use it.

^path that comes off the drive way to the front door.

I'll post more pics when we have everything in the house and unpacked.

Beautiful house.....i love two story houses + wood floors.

You just made me extremely jealous...

And you better put that hi-speed to use and get on some multiplayer games.

Thanks, yeah it was a lucky find. The out side could use a paint job though, im not sure if you can tell in the picture but it looks kind of dirty.

And you better put that hi-speed to use and get on some multiplayer games.
lol, i have been playing online since i posted the pics because im done moving stuff for the day.

What games do you have anyways?

Also, Luke you should download Xfire and add me to your buddy list.. vernong1992

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom