Dubai Ports Takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I am on the fence on this topic,

I think the Bush administration is complete nuts to let Dubai complete the deal of taking over these ports...

But on the other hand, there must be some type of tradeoff going on, like maybe Dubai is helping out with intelligence on the war against terror.

I do not think that the gov't would just let that happen unless they know something we dont. But on the other hand Dubai is full of people of Muslim decent, and do we really want them to have access to security protocols to our major ports?

I couldnt care less that they are muslim. Just because they are muslim does not mean we cannot trust them. They are people like any others.

"I wanna die... Right now.... Could somone kill me? PLEASE??..."

........................................................................................................

You mean.... That thing actualy.... RAPED somone?......................... :eek: :cool:

Yes I actualy gave Uzi pm to tell him how Fr34ky that was:)

To get back on topic I think there isnt a secruity issue at all.They are one of are biggest allies on the war against terrorism.This is just a way for the democtrats to trash republicans.Also it is mostly that they are arab.That is BS becuase not every arab is bin ladden or related to the anti america movement.C'mon do you think that they would allow something that would cause harm to the U.S.
We going through the aftermath of katrina.Most people that object it
dont even know anything about it or are just racist.
Plus they act like there going to be controling the secruity.
Umm why do we have the coast guard then this is making me so angry mainly becuase of the media too.

This whole deal is so overblown by the media. The main points that I've heard about this "issue" are: 1) The U.A.E. is a muslim/middle eastern country. 2) Two of the 9/11 hijackers came from there.

The first point is just pure racism. The second is just stupidity. Just cuz there were 2 people who were terrorists doesn't mean that the rest of the 2.5 million people there will be too. The UAE is friendly towards the US too. If the Brits bought any more of our ports, no one would give a ****.

They aren't going to be taking over security either. Anything that comes off of the ships will go through the same crappy security procedures that were in place before.

Another thing, we (americans) only own about half of the ports anyways.

Well this is the only thing that I am concerned with..

They will know how we execute security checks on cargo, they/someone could use that information to exploit a weakness/loophole in the security.

If you wanted to know how the checks are run, you probably could find it pretty easily, especially if you are very serious about finding an exploitable weakness. Because there is so much stuff moved each day, the odds are that most of it undergoes minimal scanning, if any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom