driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I have my permit but no license yet. Anyway Does anybody know if you fail for not using hand over hand? I use 2 hands on the steering wheel at all times and I don't move my hands at all. I move the wheel. I have no clue how I am going to use hand over hand if I need to use that to pass.

Also if I fail it will either be that or parallel parking. I am 18 and have to wait 1 more month to get my ******* license cause the DMV is backed up. I am going to call them tomorrow and tell them I am 18 and can't wait another month and try to talk them into letting me take the license test soon.

The closest I get to the curb when parallel parking is about 1ft. away from the curb. Of course that was with no objects around. I know that if there was 2 cars around I could've done a lot better.

Here is a good guide to parallel park if you don't know how.

The perfect way to parallel park? at LifeClever ;-) Tips for Design and Life

Also where I live you don't need to parallel park anywhere. I don't even know why they make people parallel park.

lol. Ya. No wonder they are backed up for drive tests.....

Why on earth would you wait until you were 18 to get your license. I got mine 1 week after I turned 16.

It isn't hard to do hand over hand, it is just like it sounds. Try practicing in the driveway until you have it, same with the parallel parking.

It's way different here in new yourk.... At 16 you can get a permit, then you have to wait till your 17 to get your junior license, followed by your senior license at 18.... Of course if you take drivers education you can get your seniors at 17 & 1/2...

They now use a graduating license here in Tennessee. there are some restrictions that gradually lessen until you hit either 18 or 20 (maybe 21). Actually, it is a great idea as I know how I was as a teen driver.

I could have gotten my permit when I was 16 but I wanted to wait till i was more mature, and I wanted to spend money on computers which I couldn't do if I got my license at age 16. I would've put my car on the road and would've had to pay for insurance, gas, ect. Anyway I am selling my computers now cause I need money for gas and insurance.

I really can't wait to get my license now but I could 2 years ago. I really need a second job which is another reason why I need to sell my computers cause they won't be worth as much when I do get to sell them in the future. I will be to busy to do anything on my computers when i get the second job so thats why I need to get rid of everything I have.

Well, please let us know when you get your license and where you will be doing most of your driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom