Downloading Music and Warez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyr

In Runtime
Why is it legal to download music from the internet but it's illegal to download games or movies? I mean if they're going to let people get music for free, why not other forms of media? I don't get it.

It's not free. If you download music without paying for it, it's illegal. (For the most part anyway, there are a few exceptions).

Well it is practically free because you pay a small monthly fee and get all the music you want. My question is, why is it like this for music but not for other forms of media?

Tyr said:
Well it is practically free because you pay a small monthly fee and get all the music you want. My question is, why is it like this for music but not for other forms of media?

These services are still illegal. It's just that you are paying to download music from some server in Russia.

Tyr said:

ipod (the video one) is starting to sell tv shows one day after they play.

no one has grown into the market yet. patience my friend.

till then get netflix and a burner, lol

It's not illegal to download games so long as you pay for them...take Steam for example

These services are still illegal. It's just that you are paying to download music from some server in Russia.
Napster is illegal?

gaara said:
It's not illegal to download games so long as you pay for them...take Steam for example
Yeah I know but there is no legal P2P network for games is there?

" Napster is illegal? "

It was but now its not you have to pay for your music now form them before you didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom