Die Hard 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxyLoxy said:
Steven Segal freckin sucks! I really dont think there can be any debating that.

Many years ago I went to the cinema with some friends to see a film called Critical Decision (AKA Executive Decision)... about 10mins into the film steven segal dies... my friend stood up and started clapping and cheering (cinema was pretty empty anyway)... he said the next best thing to not having steven segal in a movie was having him die at the beginning of one... well it made me laugh!

Maybe some are putting to much emphasis of the movie being about a person. Sometimes the producers want a certain look, and that might be why the same actor plays in several different movies that are all basically the same. Then again, I think that some movies are just made because of a certain actor.

Who do you think of for a US Marshal part, or someone that can blurt out all the facts in a rapid, monotone voice?

I'm on the other side of liking Segal or Van Damme or Jackie Chan. It's not that I think they are great actors; it's because I like to watch the choreographed martial arts scenes. And though they may be disliked, you can't really say they are bad at what they do in the martial arts (maybe bad actors, lol). I don't really care that a movie has the same theme, but just different location. I don't care that the actor goes spiritual or native, or whatever; it was in the script. I watch the movie for the choreographed entertainment. (I also like kung-fu theater type movies, hehe!)

Anyway, debating whether an actor sucks or not, is simply a matter of opinion and one that the criteria of suckiness has not been determined or agreed upon.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom