Desktop Screenshot Thread

Re: August Desktop Thread?

wallpaper needs to be maximized more and given dark fade in areas for you to place your desktop icons :p

what do you mean by that?
mine is already maxed out @ 1680 x 1050

dark fades??? I don't quite understand that either :confused:

Was that aimed at meh?

yup :p

first time with leopard, its AWSOME

this got my interest.... I am still having fun with photoshop and lightroom though might be a while

Mine changes like once every 6 months at the most..

mine change like almost once every 3 weeks....
can't stand looking at the same thing that long :p

Re: August Desktop Thread?

what do you mean by that?
mine is already maxed out @ 1680 x 1050

dark fades??? I don't quite understand that either :confused:

He means your wallpaper, not your resolution ;). As in, the picture should take up all or a majority of your res.

And by the fade, he means solid black to transparent black, fading into the image, if you want black around it.

Re: Desktop Screenshot Thread (56K Warning!!)

this got my interest.... I am still having fun with photoshop and lightroom though might be a while

I never want to go back to XP... I loovvee Leopard.. Not sure if its a good idea to make a hacked OS my main one, but I've been using it for 2 days now with full internet/sound/usb/video support, runs 150%. The ability to take little sections of websites and stick them in dashboard, and then view them whenever you move your mouse to the corner of the screen is amazing, I can check everything for updates just like that.

Keyboard shortcuts and not having an app actually close when you click the X takes some getting used to, though.

Updated mine to have a Joker wallpaper now.

aug08XP.png

Yes this is XP and yes that is the Vista Sidebar working on XP. I love it so much i had to get it on XP. That is the Zune theme as well.

Ohh, where's the Vista sidebar for XP, Mak? I got some nice gadgets on my vista laptop that I'd like for XP...

Carnage,

Check out this page:

Tutorial: Make Vista Sidebar Work in Xp - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

That is what i used to get it working. Make sure that you go into Vista under teh Program Files folder and get out the Gadget folder. You can only run gadgets that have been previously installed. You can not install new ones and get them working.

At least i have not been able to yet. Also i will zip up my gadgets if you zip up yours. :p

Mak

Thanks Mak :D. Got it working (of course with your help as you already know :p).

dmb

This is the Desktop on my MacBook - for some reason I think the Dark image goes well with the white of my Mac...

I will post up more as i find them as i go through god knows how many I go through a week, most of them are very dark or dark with neon colors.

Where'd u get em Chris?

Back
Top Bottom