copywrite... so many loopholes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
Im sure that most of you don't use bearshare, because you have to either pay up or install adware... but using your brain, i think you can get the Pro version ;)

well as you all know very well, almost all mainstream P2P programs are used for copywrite infringement, including a smaller program, BearShare.

By simply searching google, you can find that Free Peers Inc. the previous owners of bearshare, have decided to simply avoid any future lawsuits, and pay a whopping $30 Million dollars to the "media industry." Not only that, but they have agreed to shut down and discontinue BearShare even though it is a known fact that they not only can defend themselves with dignity, but win court cases as well. All they do is make software, they dont make you steal copywriten material! Even if you do steal this material, you break the EULA... they have every reason to defend themselves in court.

where does the title of this thread come in, you may ask? right here...

Free Peers Inc. SOLD BearShare to "Musiclab, LLC!" Their total profit is unknown, however it is expected that they made some form of profit. Just check out their site, http:\\www.bearshare.com , and see for yourself. At the bottom, notice the "copywrite, 2006, Musiclab, LLC"

a little background on Musiclab, LLC will reveal they are the owners of iMesh

interesting? it gets better (well, kind of)

BearShare has changed their sponsorship with "WhenU SaveNow!" to Google!! All you have to do is change your home page to google (and who's isnt?!) and now, you have Musiclab, LLC's version of BearShare!

again, i know most of you probably don't use bearshare, but it is still really interesting about how the copywrite issues of our nation simply keep spinning. when one company goes down, another one takes over!

~comments?

(and if you still think BearShare sucks... http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/tommyboy123x/bearshare.gif - check out the picture ;)

note the "No Shared Files" at the bottom... this is to keep it legal for the thread :rolleyes: )

it's copyRIGHT ........not WRITE

HUGE difference between right and write.

right!

ha, nice nubius

its late, and i need to get some sleep... i didnt have much of a weekend in terms of sleep.

but no need to make excuses, thats pathetic :( [that i would make that kind of mistake]

i thought i was perfect!!

You will burn in 'heck' for the misuse of the word copyright!!!

But yeah........no matter what settings I do to my router those programs never like to connect to crap so I stick with mirc and torrents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom