College Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
But dont drink the water as it contains high levels of dihydrogen monoxide which can kill you.

Thanks, will keep that in mind. :laughing: :laughing:

ehhhh well nub has good advice. Oganization will cost you as much time as you save, only the stress is better when your organized. Some people work better organized.

When I first went to college I didn't know really what I was doing, short story is I had some poor study habits, cause I never took high school seriously..... The thing that messed me over the most was some of the classes will give you a syllabus at the begining of class, and if you don't know your suppose to be on that day everyone will be talking greek, and the instructor/prof isn't going to stop and explain what you should know.

If your going to be taking a class, find out the required book. Skim through the material, get an understanding of it before you ever get into the class.

Find a place that you can study/work at, this was another big problem for me, as I had sooooo many distractions. I actually find I have an easier time doing work or learning when I'm not at home.

KNOW YOURSELF, know how you learn, and then take advantage of your strengths. Theres a test for this, but I wouldn't know where to find one for free. Take a personality test, it'll help you understand things you don't know about yourself, as well as some you do know.

Have some time out to have fun, entertainment, whatever, and I don't mean sitting in front of a tv jerkin off....... without relaxing you'll lose your focus, and eventually crack under the pressure(this is what did me in the last time I was in college).

Make sure if your going to be living in a dorm that its some place you can sleep, and theirs no b-holes going in and out at 2 am.

1. make Friday night and Saturday night your "fun" times, Saturday mornings for sleeping in to catch up on sleep, and keep Sunday - Thursday for school work.

2. keep an ample supply of hefty freezer bags, take to Cafe with you on good menu days ( like u-peel shrimp day) and get 2nds, 3rds, even 4ths and dump into bag to take back to room for snacking later! don't get caught doing this!!!

3. make a schedule and create good study habits, believe it or not this really works.

4. But most of all, have fun and think before you act, ask your self " would Charlie Sheen do this?" if so, then don't so it! :p

"You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does..." - Tom Petty

Be sure you know how to park. Finding a parking place was the hardest thing to do for me.

This may sound unusual to some of you, but come with your world view intact. Know what you believe. There are absolutes and you can stand up for them.

Read literature. Well read kids understand almost every subject better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom