Burglar murdered..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The castle doctrine does not allow you to shoot a burguler/Intruder.

The law only allows you to defend yourself or another person in your house if you are in danger. Just because theyre in your house doesn't allow you to shoot them. It's also not in every state.

The castle doctrine does not allow you to shoot a burguler/Intruder.

The law only allows you to defend yourself or another person in your house if you are in danger. Just because theyre in your house doesn't allow you to shoot them. It's also not in every state.

Here castle law specifies that you have no duty to retreat from an attacker in your home and specifically states that the use of deadly force is justifiable against someone robbing your home. In addition most people would say that an intruder in your house is most certainly a danger.

I love living in KY, just saying, everyone should have the right to severely injure or end another life if they are in real danger. On a serious note, for the ones saying that it's wrong to kill, what would you do, if the burglar had raped your child, and was in the process of raping another person when you finally caught them, this person was also capable of over-whelming you hand to hand, and hand to knife, your only option is a gun. What's your answer?
Honestly, I would shoot his knee caps out, and keep shooting him where he wont die, maybe go into shock, then let him suffer as he lays dieing. Yes, I am that "evil" of a person.
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/503-00/080.pdf
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/503-00/055.pdf

Also, just as a note, deadly force, means we are allowed to shoot them, many states DO allow this, if it is you or YOUR property at risk. Right now, if someone jumped into my car while I was at a red light, well, they would be shot, depending on where I am at though, I could go to jail. Can't use a gun in a school zone, and in certain areas on the road no matter what unless you are on the police force, even then, they try to avoid such things.

I love living in KY, just saying, everyone should have the right to severely injure or end another life if they are in real danger. On a serious note, for the ones saying that it's wrong to kill, what would you do, if the burglar had raped your child, and was in the process of raping another person when you finally caught them, this person was also capable of over-whelming you hand to hand, and hand to knife, your only option is a gun. What's your answer?
Honestly, I would shoot his knee caps out, and keep shooting him where he wont die, maybe go into shock, then let him suffer as he lays dieing. Yes, I am that "evil" of a person..

that is evil, no quotation marks needed. It's one thing to get justice, it's another to become the very thing you're hating on. No respect for you at all man.

If someone were to break into my house, and I had no idea whether they were armed or not, I'd stay in my room (assuming that's where I'd be when they broke in) with a weapon trained on the door at about waist height. If I had family I'd try and get them all together in one room, so I don't have to worry about their safety. After that, I'd stay put. The only thing worth a life in my house is another life. That life being mine or my families. If they're in danger, yes you're justified in attacking with intent to harm. If not, then heck no.

But should someone die for trying to steal something from your house?

Basicaloly, are purchased items worth a life?
That's not the issue. Situations like this are not clear...you have no idea what the intruder wants. He could be there to rape and murder your family for all you know.

I've been thinking more about this.

If people going to stoop as low as stealing in times that are already tough enough, then they deserve whatever they get. Lets face it, they arn't going to be normal people. They are going to be the kind of people that leeches from the government and be of no benefit to anyone, so if they then take that a step further and decide to break into someones home, take there hard earned items, and not expect the houseowner to do anything about it then they are sorely mistaken.

And as gurusan above said, who knows what extent they are going to go to. They may go and kill your family, so yes, i think we should be allowed to brick them over the head at any opportunity and do everyone a favor.

I could care less if my thought is evil, to rape a child, and a mother, you should die, slowly. Or are you saying I should sit there and watch someone I love be raped, and possibly killed?

I could care less if my thought is evil, to rape a child, and a mother, you should die, slowly. Or are you saying I should sit there and watch someone I love be raped, and possibly killed?

I said there's a difference between justice and becoming exactly what you're hating. It's not a "shoot his kneecaps off and make him eat knives or do nothing" situation, don't be stupid. If another's life is being endangered then by all means try to stop the attacker through any means necessary. But don't then turn around and start torturing them and saying you're justified. That's a load of ****

I said there's a difference between justice and becoming exactly what you're hating. It's not a "shoot his kneecaps off and make him eat knives or do nothing" situation, don't be stupid. If another's life is being endangered then by all means try to stop the attacker through any means necessary. But don't then turn around and start torturing them and saying you're justified. That's a load of ****

Some people do deserve torture. Perhaps not a burglar, but a serial rapist and murderer should have no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom