Blue ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
other than storage is the access and write speeds nobody mentioned it
dvd: 16x CAV (avg. ~12x) read speed is max 21.13MB/s source
blu ray: "400mbps or ?50MB/s?"theoretically
According to the Blu-ray Disc specification, 1x speed is defined as 36Mbps. However, as BD-ROM movies will require a 54Mbps data transfer rate the minimum speed we're expecting to see is 2x (72Mbps). Blu-ray also has the potential for much higher speeds, as a result of the larger numerical aperture (NA) adopted by Blu-ray Disc. The large NA value effectively means that Blu-ray will require less recording power and lower disc rotation speed than DVD and HD-DVD to achieve the same data transfer rate. While the media itself limited the recording speed in the past, the only limiting factor for Blu-ray is the capacity of the hardware. If we assume a maximum disc rotation speed of 10,000 RPM, then 12x at the outer diameter should be possible (about 400Mbps). This is why the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) already has plans to raise the speed to 8x (288Mbps) or more in the future.
source

It just looked freakin incredible. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sharp and detailed. Go down to Best Buy and check it out. Wowzah...

blu-ray has won just look at the figures in jan it surpassed hd-dvd total sales. and is outselling hd-dvd by 3.5:1, also more people are backing it up, i mean the suits of course and some of hd-dvd's supporters have jumped ship also. i have experienced both formats firsthand, kin kong on hd-dvd looks good, but saw!!! looks better and has better audio. like true hd audio, im just waiting to buy a denon receiver though so i can kik this bose out the window.

blu-ray has won just look at the figures in jan it surpassed hd-dvd total sales. and is outselling hd-dvd by 3.5:1, also more people are backing it up, i mean the suits of course and some of hd-dvd's supporters have jumped ship also. i have experienced both formats firsthand, kin kong on hd-dvd looks good, but saw!!! looks better and has better audio. like true hd audio, im just waiting to buy a denon receiver though so i can kik this bose out the window.

Ok, But before you flash all these statistics at me, try to learn some simple english first. And why does buying a Denon receiver mean you can kick bose out the window ? Bose what ? Eh you make no sence.

Also you cannot compare two different films on two different formats, different cameras would of been used. And its a different picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom