Blu-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was at best buy and i saw it in action... if you have a high-def tv.. its definitely worth it!

i have an HDTV which i bought for the world cup.. but standard definition stuff doesn't look so great.. so i only watch high definition now.. (unfortunately very few channels :( ) and out of the 4 movie channels, i can only watch the HD one.. cuz it looks really good, and the other ones look really crappy.. and i'm unable to watch my regular DVDs on my HDTV cuz i got used to the movie central HD channel.. and DVDs look ugly..

so to summarize.. if you have HDTV.. yes, its worth it! (if you have the money.. hehe.. in the end its all relative ;))

but if the price comes down to about half, i'm definitely snatching one up.. (i'm waiting to see which one gets more popular, HD DVD or bluray disc... and i'll jump on the popular band wagon)

aliasaid said:
i was at best buy and i saw it in action... if you have a high-def tv.. its definitely worth it!

i have an HDTV which i bought for the world cup.. but standard definition stuff doesn't look so great.. so i only watch high definition now..

huh, dude? C'mon. My sister has HD. ****, I watched the NFL playoffs on it and was stunned. Stunned! But here at my house I have standard cable. Sub-standard actually...fuzzy as ****, on all channels. But if I couldn't get a favorite program that wasn't on HD it's not like I'd say, "F*uck that. That picture ain't clear'nough." HD is a LUXURY, and unless youre pretty darn wealthy so in a 2000 dollar blu ray player presently (economics aside, how many movies/shows are currently on blu ray?). Sony just wants to be the first horse out of the gate and I'm not willing to pay to be part of that action.

EDIT, I think it's really gay that they censor "H," "E," double hockey sticks..."Oh no, did that young man just say what I think he said??!!"

I really hope Blu-Ray turns out to become the standard. It's been a while since I've read anything about Blu-Ray, but I remember when I was reading it, that Blu-Ray seems like the best choice. The only problem is the price, which will go down when, and if, it is liked in the consumer market.

Blu Ray is worth it anyways. No more multiple disks period. Ounce i get a raise, have a better discount, i will buy an HD Plasma TV and if the price goes WAYYYYY down ill buy Blu Ray and a 20.4 system :)
It doesn't even record...
You know when DVDs came out they didnt record, and neither did CDs when they came out.

P.P., stop saying "ounce," it takes more effort to say that than to say, "once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Anyway, go ahead and invest your money in blu ray hastily. Let's all forget about HD-DVD...

well on my hd set standard definition doesn't look as good as it would on a regular tv.. so thats why i say that.. and i got spoiled by hdtv.. so its really hard to watch anything but hdtv ;)

movie central HD always has a lot of good movies in HD so i'll always have something ot watch... and Leno and Conan! and PBS has some nice programming.. but my stupid cable company wont' bring discovery for some reason.. i think they will eventually.. but.. ya..

oh and also starting mid-late august premiership will start, and i believe they'll have games in HD!!

I hope blu-ray is gonna be the most widely used fromat, I am just a sony fan boy and this means more sales of the ps3 since it is a blu-ray player too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom