Beware of credit card skimming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VengaBoyz

Baseband Member
Last month I went to a famous shopping mall with my wife for a shopping. Can you guess what did I purchase? You are right guys the diamond jewellery for my wife (very easy to guess), iPod for me and xBox 360 for my son. Surprisingly I couldn't guess the figure in my credit card statement for this purchase. I was shocked when I saw the credit card statement...not because of jewellery bill...but the amount charged for the purchase that I didn't do.

Amazing, but it's true. A point of sale operator, waiter or a cashier could have swiped an extra swipe of your credit card to whom you have handed over your credit card for payments. A small hand-held device known as a skimmer makes it possible. The skimmer is a credit card skimming machine and is easily available on Internet.

Read More...

apokalipse said:
I don't like credit cards. I don't like being in debt.

It helps u develop a credit history for when you get older. I use it so that they know I am good with loans. Pay before the end of the month and there will be no interest :)..

I use my debit card for basically everything....I very rarely have any cash on me...and since it has a visa logo then I can use it like a credit card so it's useable anywhere....I like that because then you're never in debt..........just broke immediately :p

However, it is good to get a credit card, even if say you only charge $20 a month, you will build good credit if you charge up that amount and keep paying it off continually.

Sometimes bad credit is even better than no credit at all.

Nubius said:
I use my debit card for basically everything....I very rarely have any cash on me...and since it has a visa logo then I can use it like a credit card so it's useable anywhere....I like that because then you're never in debt..........just broke immediately :p

However, it is good to get a credit card, even if say you only charge $20 a month, you will build good credit if you charge up that amount and keep paying it off continually.

Sometimes bad credit is even better than no credit at all.

Same here with me, it's just that I cannot do alot of my online shopping with debit.

My favourite PC store accept's electronic bill payment as a form of payment so I can still buy stuff from them :)

that's why i will always prefer cold hard cash! i try to stay away from banks, those greedy *******s.

When I have give my credit card over to a clerk, I make sure that it does not leave my sight.

I had the clerk at KFC take offence of this this week. She tried processing a payment. However the she released that there was problem with EFPOS machine. At this stage, I allready have my food in front of me. So she need to talk to her manager and she still had my card in her hand.

Me :- OI!!! I want my credit card back here now.
Clerk :- But you all ready have the food in front that has not been paid for.
Me :- Credit card! Here! Now! I have more to loose on that card than you have from me from doing a runner from the shop with $21.90 worth of chicken. And even if I did, you still have CCTV sercurity cameras watching my every movement. Credit card! Here! Now! Or I call Police Fraud Squad.
Me :- (Puts Mobile Phone On Table)
Clerk :- (Quickly Returns Credit Card)

It's the last time I going to that KFC.

^^^I am like harper that way too, except I always get my debit card.

Too bad jackpotting didnt work with credit cards and debit cards, as that would sure be a fun way to get food eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom