ATI vs nVidia - this time it is personal

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you turn 18, it is required that you file a selective service form....

and the draft is an emergency action, so it would not be in "place" until needed....

The selective service is used today, among other things to prevent an underestimation of the able bodied Americans able to fight in the event of a future crises.
It is confusing, but THERE IS NO DRAFT, not in the US anyway.
its an all volunteer amy.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/wars/a/draft2.htm

after Vietnam, the congress, and the president will never agree to reinstate the draft. unless an invasion, or worse

but, i think (D)Carles rangel, N.Y. congressman, wants to reinstate it as a war prevention measure

who are we talking about that is saying that?

Also... they should lower the drinking age, I mean if they can draft us... they can hook us up with a draft
I was talking about DJ-Chris

BRreed, don't look too much into it. It's just a clever saying, he's not literally saying the draft is in effect or anything.

Basically the point is, if I can die for my country and vote for supposed 'important decisions' for the country, I should be able to drink is what he's saying.

i think you should have to take a maturity test for everything.
im sure there are 12 yearolds id rather see behind the wheel than some guys i know my age(24)

You Americans are notorious for being irresponsible drinkers, partially thanks to your goverment.

my country are supposed to be the biggest drinkers in the world from what i have heard. that does not mean you can't drink responsibly. if one chooses to say have 1 drink purely because they like that drink and not being intoxicated would you call that irresponsible?

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
probably. So long as it cuts down America and makes him feel better. ;)

Ryan

One drink is not irresponsible. I will find ya guys an article about drinking age and how it hurts the US socially.

Responsible drinker is an oxymoron.

The responsible part doesn't kick in until you either stop drinking or resist the urge to drink altogether.
And whether or not one drink is irresponsible depends upon the size of the person and the condition of their liver.

I’m not against drinking, I only care that people are honest about why they are drinking. Which in most cases is to get wasted, toasted, ****ed, etc. As my father would say “If you don’t drink to get wasted then you most likely drink those prissy wine coolers and need to be hit upside the head with a bottle of Jack.”

DJ-CHRIS said:
One drink is not irresponsible. I will find ya guys an article about drinking age and how it hurts the US socially.

Or I could explain to you that maturity level dictates drinking habits. Face it Chris... Just because you see some loon on the internet saying something doesn't mean it has any bearing in the real world. I'll tell you that if everyone participated in prohibition (yeah right), then socially, we'd be in awesome shape.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom