AOL employee sells 92million email addresses to spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

In Runtime
Have a read of this. I was quite shocked when I heard, but luckily I don't use my AOL email address anymore.

Just thought it would make an interesting read for some.

Retro.

Im 1 of the people who hate AOL. It must be annoying for the people who r getting spamed right now. rofl.

Sure, like the rest of you, I hate AOL simply for the fact that there are better services out there who do what they do and more for an unbelievably lower cost. Plus, us techies are a little more educated and realize the idiocy in AOL. But just think of the shere brilliance involved for AOL to contract roughly 30 million brainwashed drones. I just don't get it. I don't understand how you could be that stupid. I am in awe at how AOL managed to get all those clients.

because of what it offers. It offers a full browser with parental controls, an easy to use interface, easy navigation, integrated e-mail with unlimited e-mail size, attachments, pictures, and so much more. It offers functionality with fashion, and the AOL browser all around isnt very bad. The problem is the service AOL provides and the fact that AOL has horrible nazi like parental controls. Also, the spam e-mail is horrible for AOL since people just put their e-mail address on any which site so they can get free stuff. IF I am ever really interested in something i have a spam addy that i use to collect any spam that might come my way.

I don't use AOL anymore but my family used to. I guess AOL can get people into the net because of its ease of use. They are obviously doing something right.

aol is fine. some ppl like it. others hate it.

what you love or hate is really dependent on WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. ummm.. i'll make a post about that lol *idea!

but... jeez.. what ind of sad person with no life sells email adresses to spammers... salary for AOL cant be 2 low.. i dont think.

Al

"The reconning...."

I just so happen to be one of their victims. I knew SOMETHING Like this was going on, but i could never realy proove it. now i know. and I'm OUTRAGED! I use AOL All the time! Even this POST is on AOL!!:mad: If you ask me, AOL is Nothing more than another MICROSOFT!!!!:cool:

not really, they dont overcharge for their product and actually have quite stellar service. I think its just the fact that all the spam e-mail goes 2 AOL inbox's, so it gets a bad name, plus those CD's they send you in the mail. If I really needed AoL I would go to comp USA and pick up a copy!!!

For revenge people can sign him up for every type of junkmail possible to be sent to his house. Or, do the opposite and get the post office stop stop giving him any mail and to deny him when he tries to pick it up. Wish that could happen.

What happened to that those ideas Microsoft had for stopping spammers? They said they'd either try to impliment fees for emails - a 10th of a penny a time - which, when spammers try to send mass mail they'd become bakrupt quickly. Or, they had an idea that every time an email is sent it forces the computer to perform an algebra problem - so when bulk mail is sent the computer is forced to solve loads of them at once and and should end up locking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom