Is anyone else "hardware" amazed like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could stare at the innards of a G5 forever...

LOL

Yes, I too like to take apart old harddrives....I had this one that my brother brought home for me...it was 6inches tall and 8.5in long...it had to weight at least 20lbs, and it came out of this ancient server.....anyway i took it apart...and it had 5 platters in it....and the friggin thing only stored 20Mb! but the platter were fun to slide across the carpet and let them colide....it freaks my sisters's cat out...

I like PSUs and Ethernet cable...and all other hardware! Actually I love ethernet cable. It can be so powerful and yet so flimsy. What a world!:D

I do enjoy stamping on burned out components... esp hard drives... they feel so satisfying as they squash down!!!

ah i nearly broke my bloody fingers with the magnets of a HD. They both snapped together when i was screwing around with it and sandwiced my fingers :p hurt like hell.

ADZ said:
ah i nearly broke my bloody fingers with the magnets of a HD. They both snapped together when i was screwing around with it and sandwiced my fingers :p hurt like hell.

LOL

Ya, I nearly CUT my fingers when I broke this AOL disc that came in the mail one day.

In fact, we are saving them up as they come in, and as of now we have about 5-6.

Once I get around 10 or so I am going to go get some target practice with my .22 ;)

You guys should try that sometime!!! :p :)

Chubz said:
Once I get around 10 or so I am going to go get some target practice with my .22 ;)

You guys should try that sometime!!! :p :)
I've tried it and take great pleasure in watching them explode. To make it challenging, try to shoot a round through the hole. Then start chipping them.

Dave :D

It was funny once. When I was in collage, as a joke my dad gave me a REALLY REALLY old computer magazine. Like it had a picture of STEVE JOBES and an artical how he was being really successful and that Apple were the thing to get and Mac were just around the corner.

Anyways, I took into collage where in class I reading out specs of these REALLY POWERFUL SERVERS with 12Mb hard drives.

But the comment that really made every one laugh was the ad for the colour monitors.
"Look at those CRT Monitors. Look at the colours on them..... all 16 of them"

My dad has a habbit of clinging onto computers too much. He still has the the following :-
The APPLE IIe that got me through primary school. 1984 to 1989
The Mac SE30 that got me through Jr. High School. 1990 to 1993
The Mac (for got number) that got me though Sn. High School. 1994 to 1995
The "Power" Mac that was suppose to help me on my Desk Top Publish Job. That was about the time I stole the PC from the sale job and converted over at the Power Mac was just too damn slow. 1996. He kept using that for a while.
Then on the same day that the Mir Space Station Crashed, he desided to purchase 4 Ex-School Apple IIe (Paid $40). You can imagine the number of sarcasist remarks I was making.

Were i actually try to sell off my old computer gear, he just puts it inot cold storage.

Speaking of taking apart stuff, earlier this year I took apart a PowerBook G3. Still a decent machine, but some 0 dropped it on its side. However, it didn't seem to work when it was reassembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom