is this ammount right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
so i got my w2, im 17 (was 16 when i started my job, and i have quit already) but i logged in 1850$ income. i did it so i paid the taxes and then i get it all back, becuase im in the lowest tax bracket (from what ive heard becuase my incomes under like 10k or something) so my federal 'return' was only 75 bucks. this sounds awfully low. i know i dont get medicare or social security tax back, but id think id get more than 75. am i just having wishful thinking or do you think i should have gotten more?

You are a dependent of your parent(s), no? Since they claim you on their taxes, you basically get screwed on yours.

Yep. Unless you can claim expemt which i think you should be able to if you're under 4 or 5 grand per year? I dont remember. I do remember my refunds being a **** of a lot bigger once my mom couldnt claim me any more.

Was the $1850 total amount withheld (box 2 on your w2) or was it total income? basically in your situation the maximum you could get in a refund would be the amount in box 2 of your W2 form (federal income tax withheld).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom