Air National Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Are there members here who are are enlisted with ANG? I'm thinking about joining, they have a lot of IT jobs in L-Ville KY.

what was boot camp like?

If ANG is anything like the Air Force, their boot camp is supposed to be the second easiest (behind the Navy's).

I thought the Royal Marines Basic Training was one of the toughest?

Any special forces regiment is insanely tough my dad has a friend who did the commando trial broke his ankle after the second day and carried on for another 2 weeks with minimal treatment just a splint. Bare in mind the whole idea is to make you tough enough to survive any situation so they wouldn't let him slow down just because he was injured. He quit as he had caused permanent damage to his ankle he has a slight limp now even after tons of physio.

My best friend is in the Air Force, and the Basic got extended to 8 weeks from 6. He says it is mostly cleaning and attention to detail, which is a pain in the ***. I am in the Army National Guard, and basic was pretty fun for me. The ANG has good benefits, but be prepared to keep your uniform perfect all the time, and have everything spotless. My friend is currently stationed at Scott Airforce Base, and he is a firefighter there...he spends more time ironing his suit than fighting fires.

We go to something called field training in ROTC. It's essentially Basic training that has been condensed into 2 weeks.

It's mostly PT and drill. There are some group activities mixed in and from what I understand they are incorporating more combat stuff into it now.

Depending on how long you stay in zmatt, you would probably want to go through the whole basic training program one day. Your NCO's will respect you more. If not that, Ranger training or whatever; just something so that they feel that you're on the level. Definitely get your airborne wings too. Haha, I'm not going to stay in, nor do ROTC. The benefits are better, but I just want to get through college and get done with my time. The experience has been interesting, but I don't see myself as a 20 year guy. Oh yeah, **salutes**, there ya go, future lieutenant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom