11 minute Eddie Van Halen solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie is an originator but there are plenty of guys to pass him musically and technique wise.

I should kill myself? Perhaps not, I actually play the guitar. I've been playing guitar 12 years now. There are MANY to pass him technically, Mainly due to it being a new era, there is a wider variety of crazy guitar styles now. In terms of his technique, Take a look at Jason becker for instance, He could obliterate Eddie. Eddie is a great guitarist because he has his own style. Like I said, He's an originator. I wasn't bashing him at all, Just putting it out there that there are better guitarists. It's not like I'm not a Van halen fan, I love them I just don't worship the ground Eddie walks on or anything.

12? Been at it for about 25 years. Tought for a while, too. This is by no means a bash to Eddie, however there is talent out there that the average non- musician seems to pass over. DiMeola, Satriani, Segovia (as mentioned above), Morel, Niedt, many MANY others. Most guitarists would do well to expand from beyond the common music of today and listen to their fav artists influences influence (like 2 or 3 gen past). Then listen to base styles, like classical, jazz, fusion... and one of the hardest and MOST over looked styles would be blue grass. Don't believe me, watch one some day and ask experienced musicians on the complexities. Blue grass if VERY hard to play if not born into it.

guess I'm more impressed with this link I saw there... the skill it took to transcribe this to a classical piece is daunting, at the least. I've played years of classical, rock, funk, blues (counting at 26 years now) and the chordal arangements are much harder to get then playing fast, which is very easy to do.

YouTube - Edgar Cruz - Bohemian Rhapsody (classical guitar)
Thanks, this sounds so much better than the noise in the first post.

@first post:
Yea, I know, it is not the easiest way to generate noise. But why not make real music if you know how to play an instrument? It kinda defeats the purpose of practising for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom