Win Fixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxymama

Solid State Member
Does anybody know anything about Win Fixer. I's constantly popping up on my computer. Have tried everything I know to get rid of it. It seems to be attached to my control panel. Please help. This thing is driving me crazy!

You will need to download and run HijackThis (a diagnostic tool) and post it in the HijackThis Logs (Analysis) forum on top of this one.
Make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis
double click to extract it to its own folder on the main drive. (C:\Program Files\

foxymama, winfixer (the 'old' variety) was only a bit difficult to remove, however the newer variety often contains a rootkit. This is why a HJT log is necessary and posting it in the HiJackThis (Analyze) section for MicroBell to give you the exact items to download and run, the files to delete, and the process for cleaning is so very important.

I know it is a royal pain in the tush, and our computers are very important! This is why you need expert help in getting cleaned up. The first step is to get the HJT tool, run it (fix NOTHING) and post it for MicroBell to help you.

The Morwill search ugly isn't it? Since I'm not registered at this forum to do analysis or provide instructions, I really suggest you post your log at the HijackThis logs (Analyze) forum just above this forum for MicroBell to create the fix for you.

To make it easier to read, run a scan (again) and save it, but at the top of Notepad, click on Format and uncheck Word Wrap. Good luck :)

WinFixer

Piney,
I think I found the right place to post my log. Thanks so much for your help.

Piney said:
Since I'm not registered at this forum to do analysis or provide instructions, I really suggest you post your log at the HijackThis logs (Analyze) forum just above this forum for MicroBell to create the fix for you.

Piney......

ASAP Banner...gives you all the rights you need Sir. Post away!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom