Weird thing happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJamesJR

In Runtime
I don't know what it is... Every forum I go to, the word "you". Is always highlited as an outside link. Yes, ever this forum. The word "you" no matter where I go, or where it's at. Always highlited as an outside link to some SurfCanyon.com place.

I've run Spybot numerous times. There's 137 temp files it can not delete (even in safe mode). I've run Malwarebytes... Doesn't go away. Some days it will be different words. Almost like a ad bot or something. Any suggestions because it's really annoying.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

You you you... Don't seem to be alone. Googling sur fcan yon comes up with virus removal instuctions.

Theres a few methods, so I'd do that first, and see if you can get it out.

Is it a virus? I have Microsoft Security Essentials. Would that remove it? Combofix just got rid of some toolbar I had and didn't realize it was even there. The "you" keeps popping up, some other words are linked to... Like the word Macbook. Aggravating.

Okay I found one telling me to run a full scan of Maleware bytes in safe mode, which I haven't done. Then download RegTweaker, which I'm skeptical about. Is this a trusted app?

This thing is so annoying... I'm thinking if I download something brought up by google, it's just going to replace this with something else even more annoying.

I got rid of it... Google Chrome> Customize and Control> Tools> Extensions> Uninstall SurfCanyon. In case anyone wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom