SO I switched from Norton to AVG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate norton eats system resources, i have AVG and avast and both are great programs. Id also recommend spywareblaster if you use IE as it blocks off security problems, and a program called spywareguard is also good. Iv also used mcafee which caused problems with my comp wouldnt shutdown but its a good program and better than norton. Iv bought a year subscription to norton and used 5 months worth and now deleted it, just didnt find the problems and was too hungry for resource, and i have 2 gig of ram and an AMD 64 3200+ with a 6800GT gfx card and it still sucked my comp dry.

You have other problems with your system and its not Norton. I'm using Norton 2003 Pro on a Dell that has 256 mb ram, XP Pro, and it doesnt bog it down at all so I know with your system specs, there is no way one program is hogging up all that

Can you please tell me if it is possible to have 2 Virus Detectors running at the same time? My father is using norton, and I am sure his computer has a virus, yet norton picks nothing up. If I download AVG before deleting Norton, will there be conflict between the two?

there has been reports of two AV's battling it out and ultimilty leading to comp not being able to boot.. id suggest only using one av but update whenever nessesary...

i know alot of people are going wtf is this guy on but.. iv seen it happen...

Thanx man. You just saved me a lot of trouble. Ill uninstall Norton before installing AVG.

I started with Norton in 1996, as I recalled that Norton was among the first to provide utilities to the first tiny computers, after I was scragged by a virus, it turned out that my Norton was not configured properly.

Perhaps Norton started way back in the dark ages when only geeks had tiny computers they think everyone understands their jargon!

So then I went with AVG and then zone alarm pro who told me not to run it with avg, so I quit avg and added Pc-illen which I run with Zone Alarm.

Now there seems to be problems with Zone Alarm,

Anyone know about them?

Lorenzo

you can have 2 on the same comp but i wouldnt run them at the same time it would eat up loading times. I have AVAST on startup and running all the time and have AVG but not on startup and run it once in awhile but i make sure auto update is on so its always fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom