SO I switched from Norton to AVG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
After my initial scan I found 6 viruses!!! Uh, what the heck was Norton doing??? Obviously I know what it was NOT doing. And after leaving my PC up and running it's caught 2 Trojan Horses in the past 3 hours. Unbelievable. I guess I just couldn't believe that something FREE would be better then a peice of software you pay for....

Just thought I would post this for anyone using Norton AV. You may consider downloading something like AVG and running it even with your Norton, you may be surprised what it picks up that Norton did not.

Avast was also recomended, I downloaded it but have not tried it yet.

What's better, AVG or Avast? About the same?

Free programs are good because they make em that good to build up respectability then u gotta buy it, then it turns bad like norton. its a money thing.

But ya AVG rocks

AVG does rock. its a really good virus scanner, but i mean dang what do you use IE?? lol probably the cause of the trojans and virus'

Norton should win the worst AV of the year award. I know, it is unbeliviable what kind of crap it misses, not to mention resource it wastes. Ill change to Sophos. I heard it was quite good. Yesterday I instaled Firefox. I should have done it long long time ago.Anyway people start downloading Firefox. You will save your self a lot of trouble.Just give it a try.
Guitar can you explain to me a bit about extensions in firefox.I dont quite get it.

Its called Norton Antivirus, not Norton AntiTrojan not Norton Antispyware, not Norton AntiMalware. Norton is mainly used for Viruses, trojans are more simply adware, spyware, or malware. You want to delete those, use AdAware, SpyBot, or Microsoft AS, you dont use Spybot to delete Klez do you? or Sasser? Norton has a product out now called Symantec Antivirus Corporate 10 with Adware/malware/spyware removal. AVG is the same way, its all incorporated in one program. So dont be surprised if you have a trojan on your system and you are using Norton products, or any other product for that matter, use a program for the seletected problem.

oooooooook.....
iv told this story before
bought my old hdd over to friends... Symantec found 5 viruses....
AVG found like 35 viruse's with another 50 trojans...

If people pay to be protected they deserve full protection. It is difficult to make clear distinction between categoris such as viruses, spyware or trojans.

I went from Norton to AVG (mainly because I was sick of paying for it lol) but did not really expect much from a free program, but so far, it has been working brilliantly.
As for what Warez Monster said, why buy 5 norton products (or one madly expensive all-in-one) when AVG is free and works much better.

my set-up:
AVG free
Spybot search and destroy (free)
Ad-aware SE (free)
Registry Mechanic (free)
Zonealarm (free)

got the best protection... and guess what... FREEEEEE!!!!! I LOVE FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom