This is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... If I was in a situation such as this, I would faint. :eek:. You should have the proper components in your system to never let this happen again in the future man. What are you running?

Name your:
Anti-virus = Norton
Anti-spyware = ??
Firewall = ??
Trojan scanner = ??
Others = ??

"Others" could include things like ProcessGuard (which prevents important "unprotected" processes from getting pulled down - like your anti-virus engine).

Anti-Virus= Norton system works

Anti-Spyware= Webroot Spysweeper

Firewall= Router + Windows firewall

That's about it. I haven't had any real problems with spyware/ viruses until now, but it's mostly fixed now, I'm just bayonetting the wounded at this point.

The smitrem link works now.
I'll let Microbell give you the particulars on the programs you are running, and what really is needed if you are on the internet.

woot6600GT said:

That's about it. I haven't had any real problems with spyware/ viruses until now, but it's mostly fixed now, I'm just bayonetting the wounded at this point.

Are you a heavy file-share user?

Anyways, check this link out man..

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm

And I think the most notable thing you should change is get Zone Alarm immediately and stop using Windows Firewall. I don't believe it provides outgoing application level security. And a hardware router wouldn't help you in this regard either (application).

woot6600GT said:
Smitfraud you say? Hmm, well the smitrem link is broken. Will HijackThis detect it?

The link is NOT broken. I tested each again. You need to understand that Spyaxe was downloaded and installed by the Smitfraud infection. If you fail to remove this infection...it will go out..download and install Spyaxe again.

Hijackthis is a tool...period. IN todays infections it takes many tools to remove them so in answer to your question....NO hijackthis CAN NOT remove this infection..because this infection has files and entrys in the registry that Hijackthis can't see or fix.

I see many people that post to users.."Fix this this and that" with Hijackthis and they think it's solved. These are people that have no clue what they are doing and are not trained or knowledgable analyst...as if you don't remove it's files and entrys...it will come back. The days of fixing an entry with hijackthis and moving on...is over. You need to remove the whole infection...not just parts of it.

Alright, the smitrem link worked, it must have been down temporarily. I'll give smitrem a go. So far everything SEEMS fine, it's not trying to DL spyaxe again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom